Billy Joel: Daughter had 'devastating heartbreak'
NEW YORK (AP) - December 10, 2009 -- Pop star Billy Joel and supermodel Christie Brinkley say their daughter is trying to recover from her "dangerous actions" of last weekend, when New York City police received an emergency call about Alexa Ray Joel.
In a statement released Wednesday, Joel and Brinkley say their daughter's actions came "while suffering a devastating heartbreak." The statement didn't specify what her actions were.
Joel and Brinkley also say a report published Tuesday in the New York Post was "false." The Post reported the 23-year-old attempted suicide after a fight with her mother during a family vacation.A spokeswoman for the Post didn't immediately comment.
A publicist for Alexa Ray Joel said this week she was feeling better and was with family.
billy joel, christie brinkley, entertainment
Also SeeMore:Bizarre News
- Photos: AccuWeather Maps: Snow arrives
- Snow will turn the ground white again!
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Woman, 98, injured in Powelton high-rise fire
- Mike Schmidt reveals skin cancer battle
- Police: Driver, who hit pedestrian, hit by car
- Malaysian police examine pilot's flight simulator
- Crimeans vote to leave Ukraine, join Russia
- March Madness: Villanova, St. Joe's, UDel all in
- Delaware man suspected in 14 different thefts
- NJ salon customer allegedly attacks employees
- NJ state police trooper among 3 injured in crash
- Book 'em! Wilmington cop donates books to kids