Billy Joel: Daughter had 'devastating heartbreak'
NEW YORK (AP) - December 10, 2009 -- Pop star Billy Joel and supermodel Christie Brinkley say their daughter is trying to recover from her "dangerous actions" of last weekend, when New York City police received an emergency call about Alexa Ray Joel.
In a statement released Wednesday, Joel and Brinkley say their daughter's actions came "while suffering a devastating heartbreak." The statement didn't specify what her actions were.
Joel and Brinkley also say a report published Tuesday in the New York Post was "false." The Post reported the 23-year-old attempted suicide after a fight with her mother during a family vacation.A spokeswoman for the Post didn't immediately comment.
A publicist for Alexa Ray Joel said this week she was feeling better and was with family.
billy joel, christie brinkley, entertainment
Also SeeMore:Bizarre News
- Mile-wide tornado hits Oklahoma City suburbs 32 min ago
- Soupy Situation 14 min ago
- WATCH: Action News Online
- WATCH ABC is available in Philadelphia!
- 15 motorcyclists arrested following NJ chase ID'd 12 min ago
- New sighting reported of missing student's car
- Cherry Hill East student injured in crash 31 min ago
- Surveillance video released in food vendor murder
- Appoquinimink teacher arrested for indecent exposure
- Nurse viciously attacked outside Cooper Hospital 37 min ago
- Housekeeper sentenced for Ben Franklin bust theft 56 min ago
- Bucks County bear now spotted in Bristol Twp. 57 min ago
- Publicist: Founding member of The Doors dies at 74 21 min ago
- Diet Detours: Healthy grilling 33 min ago
- Mile-wide tornado hits Oklahoma City suburbs
32 min ago
- Disabled veteran robbed, beaten in home...
53 min ago
- Diet Detours: Healthy grilling
33 min ago
- Soupy Situation
14 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed VideoMost Viewed Photos