Billy Joel: Daughter had 'devastating heartbreak'
NEW YORK (AP) - December 10, 2009 -- Pop star Billy Joel and supermodel Christie Brinkley say their daughter is trying to recover from her "dangerous actions" of last weekend, when New York City police received an emergency call about Alexa Ray Joel.
In a statement released Wednesday, Joel and Brinkley say their daughter's actions came "while suffering a devastating heartbreak." The statement didn't specify what her actions were.
Joel and Brinkley also say a report published Tuesday in the New York Post was "false." The Post reported the 23-year-old attempted suicide after a fight with her mother during a family vacation.A spokeswoman for the Post didn't immediately comment.
A publicist for Alexa Ray Joel said this week she was feeling better and was with family.
billy joel, christie brinkley, entertainment
Also SeeMore:Bizarre News
- Would-be robber stabbed; suspect's mom talks
- Periods of rain today, getting cooler
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Funeral for Nelson Mandela to be held Dec. 15th
- Photos: Nelson Mandela: Through the years
- Video: Jim Gardner recalls visiting Mandela's cell
- Body found on side of road in Wilmington 30 min ago
- Center City rape victim speaks to Action News
- Reward offered after dogs found in trash bags 37 min ago
- Police raid alleged chop shop in North Philadelphia
- Feds accused of targeting minorities in stash house stings
- Surveillance video shows Christmas package theft
- Police: Teen stole Porsche part from Paul Walker crash