Chris Cuomo leaving 'GMA' for `20/20'
NEW YORK (AP) - December 10, 2009 -- ABC says Chris Cuomo is leaving "Good Morning America" to co-host the newsmagazine "20/20."
The move paves the way for the announcement - expected imminently - that George Stephanopoulos (stehf-uh-NAHP'-uh-luhs) will join the morning show.
Cuomo has been the newsreader on "Good Morning America." His last day will be Friday, the same day as co-host Diane Sawyer, who is replacing the retiring Charles Gibson on "World News."
Cuomo had been considered the main competition to Stephanopoulos for Sawyer's old job. His move to the evening will pair him with co-host Elizabeth Vargas.
abc, good morning america, entertainment
Also SeeMore:Bizarre News
- Police: NJ mom drives van into river with 3 kids
- Freeze Warning overnight
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Delco man missing after leaving medical facility
- Puppy poisoned in Mantua, New Jersey
- Lehigh University suspends frat in vandalism case
- All-clear given after Liberty H.S. lockdown
- Ferry sinks off South Korea; hundreds still missing
- Mom sought after daughter, 11, shot and killed
- Chestnut Hill College student found dead
- Wawa celebrates 50th birthday with big gifts
- Photos: Wawa celebrates 50 years
- Voorhees police need help identifying this man