TV dad Jon Gosselin, TLC head to Md. courtroom
ROCKVILLE, Md. (AP) - December 12, 2009 -- TLC and Jon Gosselin, the star of the network's hit reality show "Jon and Kate Plus 8," are taking their legal fight to a Maryland courtroom.
Gosselin is expected to appear Thursday when a judge hears arguments in the case.
The network wants the judge to stop Gosselin from making media appearances that it says violate his exclusive contract. TLC, which is owned by Silver Spring, Md.-based Discovery Communications, says the contract remains in force.
Gosselin claims in a counterlawsuit that TLC violated Pennsylvania's child labor laws in filming his eight children.
His attorney, Mark Heller, says there is no reason for the network to stop him from earning a living as a media personality, especially now that the show has ended amid the Gosselins' pending divorce.
jon gosselin, gosselins, kate gosselin, entertainment
Also SeeMore:Bizarre News
- Photos: Weekend storm forecast maps 47 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Sheriff: Colo. school shooter wounds 1, kills self 50 min ago
- Pregnant woman injured in crash with school bus 4 min ago
- 2-alarm house fire in Blackwood, NJ
- Drugs, $29K seized in raid at Rowan U. dorm
- Police search for missing Rider University student
- Mega Millions jackpot jumps to $425-million
- Coroner: Frat pledge died from head injuries
- Tennis coach charged with corruption of minors 3 min ago
- Arrest made after taxi carjacking in South Phila.
- Kansas airport worker arrested in car bomb plot