TV dad Jon Gosselin, TLC head to Md. courtroom
ROCKVILLE, Md. (AP) - December 12, 2009 -- TLC and Jon Gosselin, the star of the network's hit reality show "Jon and Kate Plus 8," are taking their legal fight to a Maryland courtroom.
Gosselin is expected to appear Thursday when a judge hears arguments in the case.
The network wants the judge to stop Gosselin from making media appearances that it says violate his exclusive contract. TLC, which is owned by Silver Spring, Md.-based Discovery Communications, says the contract remains in force.
Gosselin claims in a counterlawsuit that TLC violated Pennsylvania's child labor laws in filming his eight children.
His attorney, Mark Heller, says there is no reason for the network to stop him from earning a living as a media personality, especially now that the show has ended amid the Gosselins' pending divorce.
jon gosselin, gosselins, kate gosselin, entertainment
Also SeeMore:Bizarre News
- Chestnut Hill College student found dead 17 min ago
- Lots of sun, chilly today
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Minivan, car collide head-on in Paoli 12 min ago
- Violent Chester police confrontation caught on video
- Lockdown lifted at Pennsbury High School
- Elderly woman hurt in East Windsor apartment fire 28 min ago
- Multiple arrests after fight in bar parking lot
- 19-year-old struck, killed in Bordentown ID'd
- 292 missing, 4 dead in South Korea ferry disaster
- Chaka Fattah Jr. files $10 million federal lawsuit
- Free coffee as Wawa celebrates 50th
- Video: Boy gets stuck in claw arcade game
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos