1 term's enough for France's Carla Bruni
PARIS (AP) - Decembe 14, 2009 -- French first lady Carla Bruni-Sarkozy says it's up to her husband to decide whether to run for a second term in office in 2012 but says "one term would satisfy me."
In an interview that aired Sunday on TF1 television, Bruni-Sarkozy hailed her husband, President Nicolas Sarkozy, as "someone who's committed from head to toe." She adds, "it's his business (to decide) whether to run."
Asked about a survey in which a majority of respondents said she was not close enough to the French people, Bruni-Sarkozy says "they don't see me as I really am."
Bruni-Sarkozy, a former supermodel-turned-singer, was interviewed in her apartment in western Paris.
carla bruni, entertainment
Also SeeMore:Bizarre News
- Police: NJ mom drives van into river with 3 kids 54 min ago
- Partly sunny, a bit milder today
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Photos: Pictures from Del. River minivan plunge
- Delco man missing after leaving medical facility
- Rottweiler puppy poisoned in NJ
- Lehigh University suspends frat in vandalism case
- Evacuation came too late for many on sinking ferry
- Mom sought after daughter, 11, shot and killed
- Chestnut Hill College student found dead
- Voorhees police need help identifying this man
- Video: Parents outraged by faked kidnapping
- Photos: Adorable meerkats befriend photographer
- Police: NJ mom drives van into river with 3...
54 min ago