1 term's enough for France's Carla Bruni
PARIS (AP) - Decembe 14, 2009 -- French first lady Carla Bruni-Sarkozy says it's up to her husband to decide whether to run for a second term in office in 2012 but says "one term would satisfy me."
In an interview that aired Sunday on TF1 television, Bruni-Sarkozy hailed her husband, President Nicolas Sarkozy, as "someone who's committed from head to toe." She adds, "it's his business (to decide) whether to run."
Asked about a survey in which a majority of respondents said she was not close enough to the French people, Bruni-Sarkozy says "they don't see me as I really am."
Bruni-Sarkozy, a former supermodel-turned-singer, was interviewed in her apartment in western Paris.
carla bruni, entertainment
Also SeeMore:Bizarre News
- Numbers drawn for $636M Mega Millions jackpot
- Brisk And Cold 11 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Water main break causes river of ice in Cherry Hill 18 min ago
- Fire damages South Philadelphia apartment 5 min ago
- Phila. attorney Charles Peruto, Sr. dies
- Dramatic video released of violent 7-Eleven robbery
- Coach charged with sexually assaulting 4 more victims
- Woman found murdered in Bethlehem
- 91-year-old man stabbed, robbed in Egg Harbor
- Harvard student charged in campus bomb hoax
- Kevin Hart on stolen computers: I'll be back
- Brisk And Cold
11 min ago
- Water main break causes river of ice in...
18 min ago
- Fire damages South Philadelphia apartment
5 min ago