Polanski film to debut at Berlin festival
BERLIN (AP) - December 15, 2009 -- Organizers of the Berlin film festival say RomanPolanski's latest movie, "The Ghost Writer," will have its premiere at the event in February.
Polanski's movie was among a first batch of entries in the festival's main competition that was announced Tuesday. The event runs from Feb. 11-21 and is the first of the year's major European film festivals.
In the film, Pierce Brosnan stars as a former British prime minister who's writing his memoirs with the help of a ghostwriter, played by Ewan McGregor. It's Polanski's first film since 2005's "Oliver Twist."
The 76-year-old director is currently under house arrest in Switzerland, where he awaits possible extradition to the U.S. on a 32-year-old charge of sexual misconduct.
roman polanski, entertainment
Also SeeMore:Bizarre News
- Body found in home of Philadelphia attorney
- Clear, Still Breezy Tonight
- WATCH: Action News Online
- WATCH ABC is available in Philadelphia!
- Delco girl still awaiting transplant 18-months later
- 1 dead in I-495 crash in Claymont, Delaware
- 7-year-old critically injured in SW Phila. house fire
- NE Phila. couple stabbed at home, son arrested
- Neighbor rescues woman in West Oak Lane fire
- Amber Alert for Pottsville teen canceled
- San Antonio flooding kills 2; hundreds rescued
- French soldier stabbed in throat outside Paris
- Knife-wielding man shot, killed in Oxford Circle
- Start to 1st summer after Sandy at NJ shore