Polanski film to debut at Berlin festival
BERLIN (AP) - December 15, 2009 -- Organizers of the Berlin film festival say RomanPolanski's latest movie, "The Ghost Writer," will have its premiere at the event in February.
Polanski's movie was among a first batch of entries in the festival's main competition that was announced Tuesday. The event runs from Feb. 11-21 and is the first of the year's major European film festivals.
In the film, Pierce Brosnan stars as a former British prime minister who's writing his memoirs with the help of a ghostwriter, played by Ewan McGregor. It's Polanski's first film since 2005's "Oliver Twist."
The 76-year-old director is currently under house arrest in Switzerland, where he awaits possible extradition to the U.S. on a 32-year-old charge of sexual misconduct.
roman polanski, entertainment
Also SeeMore:Bizarre News
- Malaysian leader: plane's disappearance deliberate 7 min ago
- Breezy And Mild!
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Elderly woman crashes into Toms River law ofc.
- 2 couples robbed at gunpoint in North Philly
- Fire forces 11 people from their homes
- Driver crashes SUV into pole in East Falls, DUI suspected
- 3 people injured in Roosevelt Boulevard crash
- Renovation competitors fight at Phila. fire scenes
- Moving day for Oak Lane Garden residents
- SEPTA union agrees to delay strike
- 100 plus weight loss journey to healthy living
- Runway reopens after failed takeoff at PHL
- Malaysian leader: plane's disappearance...
7 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos