Polanski film to debut at Berlin festival
BERLIN (AP) - December 15, 2009 -- Organizers of the Berlin film festival say RomanPolanski's latest movie, "The Ghost Writer," will have its premiere at the event in February.
Polanski's movie was among a first batch of entries in the festival's main competition that was announced Tuesday. The event runs from Feb. 11-21 and is the first of the year's major European film festivals.
In the film, Pierce Brosnan stars as a former British prime minister who's writing his memoirs with the help of a ghostwriter, played by Ewan McGregor. It's Polanski's first film since 2005's "Oliver Twist."
The 76-year-old director is currently under house arrest in Switzerland, where he awaits possible extradition to the U.S. on a 32-year-old charge of sexual misconduct.
roman polanski, entertainment
Also SeeMore:Bizarre News
- Numbers drawn for $636M Mega Millions jackpot
- Brisk And Cold 20 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Water main break causes river of ice in Cherry Hill 27 min ago
- Fire damages South Philadelphia apartment 14 min ago
- Phila. attorney Charles Peruto, Sr. dies
- Dramatic video released of violent 7-Eleven robbery
- Coach charged with sexually assaulting 4 more victims
- Woman found murdered in Bethlehem
- 91-year-old man stabbed, robbed in Egg Harbor
- Harvard student charged in campus bomb hoax
- Kevin Hart on stolen computers: I'll be back
- Brisk And Cold
20 min ago
- Water main break causes river of ice in...
27 min ago
- Fire damages South Philadelphia apartment
14 min ago