Nick Jonas' new band scores big gig
NEW YORK (AP) - December 16, 2009 -- Nick Jonas is used to performing in front of screaming fans who know all the words to their favorite Jonas Brothers songs.
Now his new band, Nick Jonas & The Administration, is getting ready to perform as the house band for the Critics' Choice Movie Awards on Jan. 15 in Los Angeles. The band will be expected to not only entertain but also keep the pace of the show moving.
"I'm excited and honored. ... We'll be performing a lot of covers. Intros and outros to the commercials. I think we have about 25 songs to learn," Jonas said in a recent interview.
The 17-year-old singer-musician calls his band a side project. They will record an album, Jonas said, but he will continue to record music with his brothers Kevin and Joe of the Jonas Brothers.
Since the awards show will be about movies, Jonas said his favorite film of 2009 was "The Invention of Lying," which he described as "funny" and "fantastic."
"I love Ricky Gervais," he said.
He is also a big fan of George Clooney.
"I don't know if he'll be there (in the audience at the awards show) but I just saw `Up in the Air' and thought it was great," Jonas said.
The awards are presented by the Broadcast Film Critics Association.
VH1 is a unit of Viacom Inc.
nick jonas, jonas brothers, entertainment
Also SeeMore:Bizarre News
- Search for finger-biting mall attack suspect
- AccuWeather: Two very mild days
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Oil slick, debris not from missing Malaysia jet 35 min ago
- Pa. Trooper's pregnant wife killed by gun discharge
- Mutilated animal found in Brewerytown
- Victim shot 7 times in Kensington
- 1 dead, 1 injured in Winslow Twp. crash
- 'Band of Brothers' vet William Guarnere dies at 90
- Are store credit cards worth the discount?
- Video: Skydiver's mid-air collision with plane 41 min ago
- Photos: Kevin Grow joins Harlem Globetrotters
- Photos: Thwarted! 10 suspects caught in the act 19 min ago
- Skydiver's mid-air collision with plane
41 min ago