Timberlake closes Tenn. golf course for 6 months
MEMPHIS, Tenn. (AP) - December 16, 2009 -- Justin Timberlake is closing his golf course for six months to make improvements just a half-year after opening it.
The Mirimichi golf course will close from Jan. 15 to July 17 while its greens, bunkers and drainage are improved and its wetlands, wildflowers and native grasses are expanded.
According to The Commercial Appeal newspaper in Memphis, Timberlake said Tuesday he originally planned to make the improvements over three years and stay open. But he said he didn't want the public to have to wait through three years of gradual improvements.
Timberlake, a Memphis native, and his family bought the former Big Creek Golf Course and spent $16 million renovating the 18 holes.
justin timberlake, entertainment
Also SeeMore:Bizarre News
- Video shows assault rifle shooting at strip club
- Very unsettled Thursday
- WATCH: Action News Online
- WATCH ABC is available in Philadelphia!
- AG: 29 New Jersey bars swapped top-shelf liquor
- SUVs collide in Torresdale, 1 seriously injured
- Faith-healing couple charged in son's death 45 min ago
- Philadelphia cop accused of ripping off drug dealers
- Names of 16 Okla. tornado victims released 25 min ago
- Man shot to death while questioned in Boston probe 38 min ago
- SEPTA police chief using Twitter to fight crime
- Brutal attack in London heightens terror fears 31 min ago
- Woods: Garcia comment hurtful, time to move on
- Body of WWII hero returns home after 69 years
- Faith-healing couple charged in son's death
45 min ago