Lawyer: Jon & Kate divorce likely final in 2010
PHILADELPHIA (AP) - December 16, 2009 -- Jon and Kate Gosselin will likely ring in the new year as husband and wife as they await a final divorce decree.
A lawyer for Jon Gosselin says the reality TV couple's divorce is not likely to be finalized until early next year.
Mark Jay Heller tells The Associated Press that the arbiter's decisions on custody and finances is "a work in progress." He says the couple has not signed off on it.
The former "Jon & Kate Plus 8" stars, the parents of eight children, are divorcing after 10 years of marriage.
The divorce is pending in Pennsylvania's Montgomery County, although the family home is in neighboring Berks County.
Heller says the divorce arbiter's decisions will be final.
A spokeswoman for Kate Gosselin's lawyers did not immediately return messages Wednesday.
jon gosselin, kate gosselin, entertainment
Also SeeMore:Bizarre News
- China-bound Malaysian jet vanishes with 239 aboard
- Get ready for a break from the winter chill
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Pedestrian struck, killed in Delaware County
- 2 arrested, 1 sought after cop hit by car in Delco
- Pa. Trooper's pregnant wife killed by gun discharge
- West Philadelphia body ID'd as missing woman
- Boyfriend arrested in Gloucester Co. murder
- Mom who drove minivan into ocean charged
- Chaput, Nutter, Corbett announce Vatican trip
- 3 arrests in Cumberland Co. arsons
- UPenn's Foal Cam gives LIVE view into horse's birth
- Photos: Arrests in warrant sweep, jewel theft, more
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos