Lawyer: Jon & Kate divorce likely final in 2010
PHILADELPHIA (AP) - December 16, 2009 -- Jon and Kate Gosselin will likely ring in the new year as husband and wife as they await a final divorce decree.
A lawyer for Jon Gosselin says the reality TV couple's divorce is not likely to be finalized until early next year.
Mark Jay Heller tells The Associated Press that the arbiter's decisions on custody and finances is "a work in progress." He says the couple has not signed off on it.
The former "Jon & Kate Plus 8" stars, the parents of eight children, are divorcing after 10 years of marriage.
The divorce is pending in Pennsylvania's Montgomery County, although the family home is in neighboring Berks County.
Heller says the divorce arbiter's decisions will be final.
A spokeswoman for Kate Gosselin's lawyers did not immediately return messages Wednesday.
jon gosselin, kate gosselin, entertainment
Also SeeMore:Bizarre News
- Oklahoma tornado was top-of-the-scale EF-5
- Steamy Situation 40 min ago
- WATCH: Action News Online
- WATCH ABC is available in Philadelphia!
- Oklahoma Tornado: How to help and avoid scams
- Local search and rescue team helping in Oklahoma
- Rob Jennings to retire after 36 Years at 6abc
- Police: 2 caught red-handed in Radnor burlgary
- Box of ammo explodes, injuring man in Del. 46 min ago
- Couple charged in theft of $854K from township
- Prosecutor: Prison can't hold Savage's rage 45 min ago
- NJ ex-priest jailed after working with kids
- Skippack student may have 'voluntarily' vanished
- New push to revitalize West Philly's Lancaster Ave.