Lawyer: Jon & Kate divorce likely final in 2010
PHILADELPHIA (AP) - December 16, 2009 -- Jon and Kate Gosselin will likely ring in the new year as husband and wife as they await a final divorce decree.
A lawyer for Jon Gosselin says the reality TV couple's divorce is not likely to be finalized until early next year.
Mark Jay Heller tells The Associated Press that the arbiter's decisions on custody and finances is "a work in progress." He says the couple has not signed off on it.
The former "Jon & Kate Plus 8" stars, the parents of eight children, are divorcing after 10 years of marriage.
The divorce is pending in Pennsylvania's Montgomery County, although the family home is in neighboring Berks County.
Heller says the divorce arbiter's decisions will be final.
A spokeswoman for Kate Gosselin's lawyers did not immediately return messages Wednesday.
jon gosselin, kate gosselin, entertainment
Also SeeMore:Bizarre News
- Derailed train car blocking road in South Coatesville
- Brisk And Cold 57 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Arrest in stabbing of elderly man in Egg Harbor 2 min ago
- Arrest in deadly June shooting in West Philadelphia
- 2 million-dollar tickets sold in NJ, 1 in Del. 59 min ago
- Suspects caught on camera prior to car theft
- Guide dog saves blind man after subway track fall
- Girl kidnapped, freed in Reading; suspect at large
- Water main break causes river of ice in Cherry Hill
- On video: Burglars steal drugs in Hunting Park
- Tourist distracted by Facebook falls off pier
- Phila. attorney Charles Peruto, Sr. dies