Regis Philbin returns to talk show with new hip
NEW YORK (AP) - January 4, 2010 -- Regis Philbin isn't showing any effects from his hip-replacement surgery five weeks ago.
Philbin returned to "Live With Regis and Kelly" by doing a couple of quick dance steps while the audience gave him a standing ovation.
He walked on stage pushing a makeshift walker on wheels and wearing a black bathrobe. Then he picked up the walker and threw it away and ripped off the bathrobe to reveal a suit.
Philbin says he's doing fine except for a blood clot in his right calf. He's taking blood thinners for that.
regis philbin, abc, entertainment
Also SeeMore:Bizarre News
- Photos: Weekend storm forecast maps
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Photos: Pictures from Colorado high school shooting 7 min ago
- Drugs, $29K seized in raid at Rowan U. dorm
- Police search for missing Rider University student
- Coroner: Frat pledge died from head injuries
- Tennis coach charged with corruption of minors
- Police: Driver dies in crash after fleeing 2 others
- Arrest made after taxi carjacking in South Phila.
- Man arrested in car bomb plot at Kansas airport
- Mega Millions jackpot jumps to $425-million
- Driver facing drug charges after crash with police cruiser