SC first lady's memoir to be released next month
CHARLESTON, S.C. (AP) -January 5, 2010 -- South Carolina first lady Jenny Sanford's memoir about dealing with Gov. Mark Sanford's affair will be published next month instead of in May as initially planned.
Ballantine Books, an imprint of Random House Inc., plans to put the 240-page hardcover book entitled "Staying True" on sale Feb. 5, according to its Web site.
Jenny Sanford has filed for divorce, and a final hearing on the petition is scheduled for late February.
The publisher's Web site says the memoir will reveal Jenny Sanford's private ordeal behind her husband's public betrayal.
Mark Sanford disappeared for five days last summer and returned to publicly confess an affair with an Argentine woman.
Calls seeking comment were left with Ballantine and Jenny Sanford.
jenny sanford, mark sanford, entertainment
Also SeeMore:Bizarre News
- Police: Deadly shooting at after-hours bar
- Slightly Cooler Sunday 43 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- PSU trustee resigns, regrets Paterno vote
- Mom of Tasered teen arrested for shoplifting
- Jet crash: Oil slicks found; Passports stolen 52 min ago
- Woman trapped after crashing SUV in Darby Boro
- Pa. Trooper's pregnant wife killed by gun discharge
- Pedestrian ID'd in fatal Collingdale hit-and-run
- Actress Sheila MacRae of 'Honeymooners' dies at 92
- 2 arrested, 1 sought after cop hit by car in Delco
- West Philadelphia body ID'd as missing woman
- Photos: $3.25M summer home in Ocean City, NJ
- Fairy Godmothers make prom dreams come true
16 min ago
- Slightly Cooler Sunday
43 min ago
- Jet crash: Oil slicks found; Passports stolen
52 min ago