First portrait of Princes Harry and William
LONDON (AP) - January 7, 2010 -- The first oil portrait of Princes Harry and William together has been unveiled at Britain's National Portrait Gallery.
The painting shows the princes in a casual pose wearing their military uniforms and medals.
Gallery spokesman Neil Evans said Thursday the new portrait will be on display for at least six months alongside other royal portraits.
It was painted by Nicky Philipps, a London-based artist who had the princes sit for her at her studio. She also visited Clarence House, the home of their father Prince Charles, to get the visual details she needed for the background.
In the portrait William is wearing the Queen's Golden Jubilee medal and his Order of the Garter sash and star. Harry is wearing the queen's medal and a medal awarded for his service in Afghanistan.
prince charles, prince harry, prince william, england, entertainment
Also SeeMore:Bizarre News
- Partial house collapse in Strawberry Mansion 18 min ago
- Brief Surge of Mild Air
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Man,90, dies in Hamilton Township house fire 37 min ago
- 911 recordings released in Ewing Twp. explosion 8 min ago
- 2 injured in NJ Turnpike crash in Mt. Laurel
- Autopsy results released in death of trooper's wife
- Search for finger-biting mall attack suspects
- Pa. woman born at Burger King seeks birth mom
- Cabbie allegedly locks doors in credit card dispute
- Vietnam vet's therapy dog missing in Lehigh Valley
- Photos: 7 recent child porn arrests in Pa.and Del.
- Video: Camden H.S. wrestler wins state championship
- 911 recordings released in Ewing Twp....
8 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos