Plea deal for Ohio chief in Parker-Broderick case
ST. CLAIRSVILLE, Ohio (AP) - January 7, 2010 -- The second Ohio police charged with snooping on the woman who bore twins for Sarah Jessica Parker and Matthew Broderick has pleaded no contest to a misdemeanor.
Chad Dojack entered the plea Thursday to a dereliction-of-duty count. In exchange, prosecutors dropped earlier charges of complicity to burglary and complicity to receiving stolen property.
Dojack is chief of Bridgeport in eastern Ohio. He and the ex-chief of neighboring Martins Ferry were accused in an alleged scheme to take things from the surrogate's home to sell to paparazzi.
The other chief, Barry Carpenter, was sentenced to two years, eight months in prison on charges including receiving stolen property.
Dojack faces up to 90 days in jail. Sentencing is next week.
sarah jessica parker, matthew broderick, ohio, entertainment
Also SeeMore:Bizarre News
- This is now Philly's 2nd snowiest winter
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Sign up for Facebook Flash!
- Photos: LATEST MAPS: 6+" in parts of NJ
- Co-pilot spoke missing plane's last words
- Obama announces sanctions against Russians 45 min ago
- Earthquake strongly felt across Los Angeles 22 min ago
- Police: Driver, who hit pedestrian, hit by car
- Photos: Suspects wanted by Philadelphia Police 45 min ago
- Photos: Suspects in Pa. 'street-level' drug sweep
- Video: Swan attacks elderly woman in Berks Co.
- NJ salon customer allegedly attacks employees
- Photos: Pictures from Phila. St. Patrick's Parade 59 min ago