Plea deal for Ohio chief in Parker-Broderick case
ST. CLAIRSVILLE, Ohio (AP) - January 7, 2010 -- The second Ohio police charged with snooping on the woman who bore twins for Sarah Jessica Parker and Matthew Broderick has pleaded no contest to a misdemeanor.
Chad Dojack entered the plea Thursday to a dereliction-of-duty count. In exchange, prosecutors dropped earlier charges of complicity to burglary and complicity to receiving stolen property.
Dojack is chief of Bridgeport in eastern Ohio. He and the ex-chief of neighboring Martins Ferry were accused in an alleged scheme to take things from the surrogate's home to sell to paparazzi.
The other chief, Barry Carpenter, was sentenced to two years, eight months in prison on charges including receiving stolen property.
Dojack faces up to 90 days in jail. Sentencing is next week.
sarah jessica parker, matthew broderick, ohio, entertainment
Also SeeMore:Bizarre News
- Man dressed as Santa struck, killed on I-95 14 min ago
- Snow/ Sleet Arriving
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- PennDOT preps begin ahead of wintry mix
- Police: Son of PHA employee charged with DUI 13 min ago
- Man shot, killed in West Oak Lane
- $10K reward in murder of Chester gas station owner
- Suspects sought in Glenside carjacking, abduction 3 min ago
- Underground transformer fire in Center City
- Police: Pa. newlyweds killed man from Craigslist
- Teacher says he was fired because he is gay
- NJ officers play Santa for 'Shop with a Cop'
- Campbell Soup apologizes for SpaghettiOs Pearl Harbor tweet
- Man dressed as Santa struck, killed on I-95
14 min ago
- Suspects sought in Glenside carjacking,...
3 min ago