Blagojevich: Esquire interview comments `stupid'
CHICAGO (AP) - January 11, 2010 -- Ousted Illinois Gov. Rod Blagojevich is apologizing for what he calls a poor choice of words during a magazine interview in which he claims he's "blacker than Barack Obama."
Blagojevich says he's sorry if he offended anyone. He told WLS Radio in Chicago on Monday that it was a "stupid thing to say."
In the interview with Esquire, Blagojevich said he grew up in a small apartment, shined shoes as a boy and that his father ran a laundry in a black neighborhood.
The interview is in the February issue of Esquire, which hits newsstands Jan. 19.
The White House refused to comment on Blagojevich's statements in the interview.
president barack obama, rod blagojevich, entertainment
Also SeeMore:Bizarre News
- Video captures Laundromat robbery 42 min ago
- Turning Milder
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Security breach affected all cards, not just Target's
- Cat hoarder at Grace Kelly home found guilty
- Teacher admits to sex with 4 students
- On video: Armed robber fails after KFC workers flee
- Holiday tips, cards stolen in East Pikeland Twp.
- Woman injured in incident on train tracks in Center City
- Pastor defrocked after performing son's gay wedding
- Purse snatcher at Willow Grove Mall caught on camera
- Phil Robertson off 'Duck Dynasty' after gay comments
- Barbara Walters' Most Fascinating Person revealed
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos