Blagojevich: Esquire interview comments `stupid'
CHICAGO (AP) - January 11, 2010 -- Ousted Illinois Gov. Rod Blagojevich is apologizing for what he calls a poor choice of words during a magazine interview in which he claims he's "blacker than Barack Obama."
Blagojevich says he's sorry if he offended anyone. He told WLS Radio in Chicago on Monday that it was a "stupid thing to say."
In the interview with Esquire, Blagojevich said he grew up in a small apartment, shined shoes as a boy and that his father ran a laundry in a black neighborhood.
The interview is in the February issue of Esquire, which hits newsstands Jan. 19.
The White House refused to comment on Blagojevich's statements in the interview.
president barack obama, rod blagojevich, entertainment
Also SeeMore:Bizarre News
- Police: NJ mom drives van into river with 3 kids 27 min ago
- Freeze Warning overnight
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Delco man missing after leaving medical facility
- Puppy poisoned in Mantua, New Jersey 27 min ago
- Lehigh University suspends frat in vandalism case
- All-clear given after Liberty H.S. lockdown
- Ferry sinks off South Korea; 6 dead, 290 missing 27 min ago
- Mom sought after daughter, 11, shot and killed
- Voorhees police need help identifying this man
- Burlco man charged in brother's hit-and-run death
- Chestnut Hill College student found dead
- Made In America Festival in Philly and LA