Blagojevich: Esquire interview comments `stupid'
CHICAGO (AP) - January 11, 2010 -- Ousted Illinois Gov. Rod Blagojevich is apologizing for what he calls a poor choice of words during a magazine interview in which he claims he's "blacker than Barack Obama."
Blagojevich says he's sorry if he offended anyone. He told WLS Radio in Chicago on Monday that it was a "stupid thing to say."
In the interview with Esquire, Blagojevich said he grew up in a small apartment, shined shoes as a boy and that his father ran a laundry in a black neighborhood.
The interview is in the February issue of Esquire, which hits newsstands Jan. 19.
The White House refused to comment on Blagojevich's statements in the interview.
president barack obama, rod blagojevich, entertainment
Also SeeMore:Bizarre News
- Pa. Trooper's pregnant wife killed by gun discharge 23 min ago
- Get ready for a break from the winter chill
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- West Philadelphia body ID'd as missing woman 18 min ago
- 1 arrested, 1 sought after cop hit by car in Delco
- ID theft warrant leads to pot bust in Hamilton Twp.
- Boyfriend arrested in Gloucester Co. murder
- Mom who drove minivan into ocean charged
- Gun falls out of sock, kills thrift store worker
- Chaput, Nutter, Corbett announce Vatican trip 11 min ago
- 3 arrests in Cumberland Co. arsons
- UPenn's Foal Cam gives LIVE view into horse's birth 27 min ago
- Photos: Arrests in warrant sweep, jewel theft, more
- Police identify mystery hit-and-run victim
58 min ago