Depp gets statue in Serbia
BELGRADE, Serbia (AP) - January 13, 2010 -- Hollywood heartthrob Johnny Depp was honored Wednesday with a life-size statue in Serbia.
The Pirates of the Caribbean star had a statue in his image unveiled to him by renowned Serbian director Emir Kusturica during an annual film festival - called Kustendorf - held in a mountain village in southwestern Serbia.
Depp met with Serbian President Boris Tadic upon his arrival on Tuesday. He was then flown by helicopter to the mountaintop village constructed by Kusturica for one of his movies.
Kusturica, a two-time Cannes Film Festival winner, said he plans to make a movie with Depp paying legendary Mexican revolutionary Pancho Villa.
"Depp will be my guest for three days," Kusturica said. "He will lead several workshops for participants of the festival, drink wine, watch films and visit some locations where he will shoot a film about Pancho Villa."
johnny depp, entertainment
Also SeeMore:Bizarre News
- Robbery suspect sought, Villanova U. locked down 43 min ago
- Splendid spring finale
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Get the new 6abc StormTracker app
- Crackdown on illegal street vendors in W. Phila.
- Pregnant woman, 2 others shot in N. Phila. 49 min ago
- Viewer takes photos of bear in back yard
- Men's Wearhouse ousts founder, pitchman Zimmer
- 20 people charged in Ocean Co. heroin raids
- 15 charged in NJ unemployment fraud case
- Father, son 'pimps' acquitted after prostitutes testify
- Suspect robs Philadelphia Dunkin' Donuts at gunpoint
- AMA declares obesity a disease [POLL]
- Video: Phila. choir shares stage with Rolling Stones 39 min ago
- Robbery suspect sought, Villanova U. locked...
43 min ago
- Pregnant woman, 2 others shot in N. Phila.
49 min ago