Depp gets statue in Serbia
BELGRADE, Serbia (AP) - January 13, 2010 -- Hollywood heartthrob Johnny Depp was honored Wednesday with a life-size statue in Serbia.
The Pirates of the Caribbean star had a statue in his image unveiled to him by renowned Serbian director Emir Kusturica during an annual film festival - called Kustendorf - held in a mountain village in southwestern Serbia.
Depp met with Serbian President Boris Tadic upon his arrival on Tuesday. He was then flown by helicopter to the mountaintop village constructed by Kusturica for one of his movies.
Kusturica, a two-time Cannes Film Festival winner, said he plans to make a movie with Depp paying legendary Mexican revolutionary Pancho Villa.
"Depp will be my guest for three days," Kusturica said. "He will lead several workshops for participants of the festival, drink wine, watch films and visit some locations where he will shoot a film about Pancho Villa."
johnny depp, entertainment
Also SeeMore:Bizarre News
- Mug shot released of McNabb after DUI arrest 21 min ago
- Frost Advisory Overnight
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Police: Brandywine Park flasher surrenders
- Stalkers have QVC host living in fear 7 min ago
- 13 pound baby born at Delco hospital 9 min ago
- Reward offered in poisoning of puppy 19 min ago
- 1 dead in cement truck, car crash in Levittown 10 min ago
- Beau Biden to run for governor in Del. 18 min ago
- Mom surrenders after daughter, 11, shot and killed 20 min ago
- Police: NJ mom drives van into river with 3 kids 12 min ago
- Popular chocolate maker shut down by city
- Teen urinates in Oregon drinking water supply
- Police: NJ mom drives van into river with 3...
12 min ago