George Clooney, MTV working on Haiti telethon
NEW YORK (AP) - January 14, 2010 -- MTV Networks says it is working with George Clooney to stage a telethon for Haitian earthquake relief on Jan. 22.
A representative for MTV said Thursday that details are still being worked out. But Mark Jafar said they are planning one.
There's no word yet about other stars getting involved. A representative for Clooney did not immediately respond to a message seeking details.
Thousands are feared dead after the massive earthquake, and the Caribbean island nation desperately needs aid.
george clooney, haitian earthquake, entertainment
Also SeeMore:Bizarre News
- Parking dispute turns violent at Cherry Hill Mall
- Sunny and chilly
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Mutilated animal found in North Philadelphia
- 'Band of Brothers' vet William Guarnere dies at 90 20 min ago
- Vietnam says it may have found missing jet's door 14 min ago
- Mom accused of driving into surf goes before judge 12 min ago
- Suspect SUV in deadly hit and run caught on camera 32 min ago
- Residents return following Bucks Co. hazmat
- Man, 22, dies after shooting in Chester
- Man seriously injured in crash on Roosevelt Blvd.
- Gunfire erupts on Delaware Ave. near SugarHouse Casino
- Photos: $3.25M summer home in Ocean City, NJ
- Vietnam says it may have found missing...
14 min ago