George Clooney, MTV working on Haiti telethon
NEW YORK (AP) - January 14, 2010 -- MTV Networks says it is working with George Clooney to stage a telethon for Haitian earthquake relief on Jan. 22.
A representative for MTV said Thursday that details are still being worked out. But Mark Jafar said they are planning one.
There's no word yet about other stars getting involved. A representative for Clooney did not immediately respond to a message seeking details.
Thousands are feared dead after the massive earthquake, and the Caribbean island nation desperately needs aid.
george clooney, haitian earthquake, entertainment
Also SeeMore:Bizarre News
- Photos: Pictures of Wawa car theft suspects 34 min ago
- Brisk And Cold
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- 2 million dollar tickets sold in NJ, 1 in Del.
- Guide dog saves blind man after subway track fall 49 min ago
- Water main break causes river of ice in Cherry Hill
- On video: Burglars steal drugs in Hunting Park 32 min ago
- Gloucester Twp. school put on precautionary lockout
- Husband charged with wife's murder in Bethlehem
- Tourist distracted by Facebook falls off pier 29 min ago
- Police: Job applicant stole from tip jar
- Phila. attorney Charles Peruto, Sr. dies
- Sunoco moving to Delco, Citibank leaving Philly