Susan Boyle snubbed, gets no Brit Award nomination
LONDON - January 19, 2010 -- Women are dominating the nominations for Britain's leading music awards - the Brits - but Internet sensation Susan Boyle was snubbed on the shortlist.
Quirky chanteuses Florence and the Machine, Pixie Lott, Lily Allen and Lady GaGa all have three nominations.
Other British contenders include boy band JLS, Leona Lewis, Bat for Lashes, Paolo Nuttini and Dizzee Rascal.
Nominees in the international categories include Bruce Springsteen, Eminem, Jay-Z, Michael Buble and Shakira.
Robbie Williams will receive an award for outstanding contribution to music at the Feb. 16 ceremony in London.
The awards are the British equivalent of the Grammys. Most winners are selected by a vote of over 1,000 industry members.
england, london, susan boyle, entertainment
Also SeeMore:Bizarre News
- Fmr. Chester Co. teacher faces child porn charges 2 min ago
- Mostly sunny, very windy today
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Eye doc grew pot in Delco home, police say 2 min ago
- Apparent misunderstanding in police shooting 18 min ago
- Detectives serve warrants at Chester police station
- New 'object of interest' in missing jet hunt
- 3 shot during funeral at Trenton church
- Photo released of anti-Semetic vandalism suspect 7 min ago
- 6abc viewer helps police nab $18K jewelry suspect
- Photos: Suspects wanted by Philadelphia Police
- Video: Video gamer is the victim of SWATting hoax
- What would you ask Mayor Nutter?
- Apparent misunderstanding in police shooting
18 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos