Susan Boyle snubbed, gets no Brit Award nomination
LONDON - January 19, 2010 -- Women are dominating the nominations for Britain's leading music awards - the Brits - but Internet sensation Susan Boyle was snubbed on the shortlist.
Quirky chanteuses Florence and the Machine, Pixie Lott, Lily Allen and Lady GaGa all have three nominations.
Other British contenders include boy band JLS, Leona Lewis, Bat for Lashes, Paolo Nuttini and Dizzee Rascal.
Nominees in the international categories include Bruce Springsteen, Eminem, Jay-Z, Michael Buble and Shakira.
Robbie Williams will receive an award for outstanding contribution to music at the Feb. 16 ceremony in London.
The awards are the British equivalent of the Grammys. Most winners are selected by a vote of over 1,000 industry members.
england, london, susan boyle, entertainment
Also SeeMore:Bizarre News
- Police seek missing woman and her baby 21 min ago
- Foggy, cloudy, mild today
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Pizza delivery man shot in Overbrook
- Missing Phila. boy hit by car in Upper Darby
- Philadelphia police officer's stolen SUV found 40 min ago
- Chester Co. firefighters called to Md. pet shop fire
- Coffins unearthed at North Philly school 40 min ago
- Attack in Center City caught on camera
- Police: Threat to father used in phone scam
- No jackets for North Philadelphia cheer squad
- Prosecutor: Sex investigation of FSU QB over
- Video: Topless woman chases peeper from Kohl's