Susan Boyle snubbed, gets no Brit Award nomination
LONDON - January 19, 2010 -- Women are dominating the nominations for Britain's leading music awards - the Brits - but Internet sensation Susan Boyle was snubbed on the shortlist.
Quirky chanteuses Florence and the Machine, Pixie Lott, Lily Allen and Lady GaGa all have three nominations.
Other British contenders include boy band JLS, Leona Lewis, Bat for Lashes, Paolo Nuttini and Dizzee Rascal.
Nominees in the international categories include Bruce Springsteen, Eminem, Jay-Z, Michael Buble and Shakira.
Robbie Williams will receive an award for outstanding contribution to music at the Feb. 16 ceremony in London.
The awards are the British equivalent of the Grammys. Most winners are selected by a vote of over 1,000 industry members.
england, london, susan boyle, entertainment
Also SeeMore:Bizarre News
- Parking dispute turns violent at Cherry Hill Mall
- Milder Monday
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Mutilated animal found in Brewerytown
- 'Band of Brothers' vet William Guarnere dies at 90
- 1 wounded in daytime shooting in Trenton
- Vietnam says it may have found missing jet's door 38 min ago
- Del. worker hospitalized after pretzel factory accident 14 min ago
- Mom accused of driving into surf goes before judge
- Suspect SUV in deadly hit and run caught on camera
- Man, 22, dies after shooting in Chester
- Video: Annual Phila. Flower Show wraps up
- Photos: $3.25M summer home in Ocean City, NJ
- Vietnam says it may have found missing...
38 min ago