Cher's Hawaii home sold at auction for $8.7M
KAILUA-KONA, Hawaii (AP) - January 21, 2010 -- A luxury real estate auction company reports that Cher's Hawaii home overlooking the Pacific Ocean has been sold to an Arizona buyer for $8.7 million.
Concierge Auctions said Thursday that the home was one of five Big Island residences auctioned Monday for a total of $19.4 million.
The firm had estimated Cher's three-quarter-acre property was worth between $8 million and $12 million.
Located in the Hualalai Resort, the 8,800-square-foot Balinese style residence features a gated center courtyard leading to the main residence. It includes a master wing, great room, kitchen, dining room, outdoor living area, and infinity pool with spa overlooking the resort's golf course.
A Web site set up for the sale says the residence designed by Cher has six bedrooms.
Also SeeMore:Bizarre News
- Snow Arriving 36 min ago
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Sign up for Facebook Flash!
- Photos: Wintry weather forecast maps
- Man dressed as Santa struck, killed on I-95
- Police: Son of PHA employee charged with DUI
- Body found in Logan tire fire
- East Oak Lane apartment fire under control
- $10K reward in murder of Chester gas station owner
- South Africans hold day of prayer for Mandela
- Police: Pa. newlyweds killed man from Craigslist
- NJ officers play Santa for 'Shop with a Cop'
- Susan Boyle says Asperger's diagnosis was a relief
- Snow Arriving
36 min ago