Report: Intruder arrested at Susan Boyle's house
LONDON (AP) - January 27, 2010 -- A British newspaper says singing sensation Susan Boyle was surprised by an intruder as she returned from recording a charity single for Haiti.
The Sun tabloid says Boyle, who shot to stardom on the back of her appearance on "Britain's Got Talent" last spring, ran into the man as she returned to her home in the small Scottish village of Blackburn.
Local police did not directly confirm the report, but when asked about Boyle they said that they were called to Blackburn Tuesday night "following reports of a disturbance."
Police said Wednesday that the unidentified man was detained and but has since been released. A representative for the singer could not immediately be reached.
susan boyle, entertainment
Also SeeMore:Bizarre News
- Police search for missing Delco mother
- Record Warmth!
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Woman arrested in fatal North Philly stabbing 45 min ago
- Officer shoots, kills Lancaster County man
- 4 charged with murder in NJ mall carjacking
- Penn State student dies in jump from garage 8 min ago
- Arrest in death of retired Villanova professor
- NASA astronauts tackle urgent spacewalking repairs
- Police investigate tire slashings in South Philadelphia
- Ransomeware a growing cyber threat for thousands
- Runway littered with holiday mail
- Free diner for sale in Lawrence Twp., NJ