Jay Leno says he hasn't spoken to Conan O'Brien
CHICAGO (AP) - January 27, 2010 -- Jay Leno tells Oprah Winfrey that he hasn't spoken to Conan O'Brien throughout the recent contentious negotiations over "The Tonight Show."
In quotes provided Wednesday by Harpo Productions, Leno tells Winfrey that "it didn't seem appropriate" to speak to O'Brien. But Leno says the two comedians might talk when "things cool down."
NBC unseated O'Brien and moved Leno back to the program he had hosted for 17 years. Leno is scheduled to return to "Tonight" on March 1.
In a video previewing "The Oprah Winfrey Show" interview, Leno says: "This whole thing was a huge mess."
Leno's interview is slated to air Thursday.
Harpo Productions made an offer for O'Brien to appear on her show, but it hasn't been confirmed.
jay leno, conan obrien, chicago, nbc, entertainment
Also SeeMore:Bizarre News
- Malaysian leader: plane's disappearance deliberate 35 min ago
- Breezy And Mild!
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Elderly woman crashes into Toms River law ofc.
- 2 couples robbed at gunpoint in North Philly
- Fire forces 11 people from their homes
- Driver crashes SUV into pole in East Falls, DUI suspected
- 3 people injured in Roosevelt Boulevard crash
- Renovation competitors fight at Phila. fire scenes
- Moving day for Oak Lane Garden residents
- SEPTA union agrees to delay strike
- 100 plus weight loss journey to healthy living
- Runway reopens after failed takeoff at PHL
- Malaysian leader: plane's disappearance...
35 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos