Gabriel: Disaster aid can benefit from technology
NEW YORK (AP) - January 28, 2010 -- Haiti's devastating earthquake reinforced Peter Gabriel's belief that disaster relief needs to take better advantage of the digital age.
The 59-year-old singer-songwriter says technology has amazing potential and cell phones can help people send money to each other.
Gabriel is a techie who has been involved in different online ventures. He says is encouraged that volunteers from across the globe have come together to assist the impoverished Caribbean nation, but says people need to understand that Haiti needs more than just temporary aid.
haitian earthquake, entertainment
Also SeeMore:Bizarre News
- Drexel student found dead in sorority house
- AccuWeather: mild today, rain Wednesday
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Reward offered in Collingdale hit-and-run
- Iranian teen had stolen passport on missing jet
- 2nd suspect sought in finger-biting attack
- Woman shot in bed in South Philadelphia
- 911 recordings released in Ewing Twp. explosion
- Autopsy results released in death of trooper's wife
- Pa. woman born at Burger King seeks birth mom
- Photos: Thwarted! 10 suspects caught in the act
- Photos: 'The Bachelor' Season 18 finale in pictures
- Video: Dad ditches son's stroller to catch baseball
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos