Anne Hathaway gets her pudding pot at Harvard
CAMBRIDGE, Mass. (AP) - January 28, 2010 -- Oscar-nominated actress Anne Hathaway has received a good-natured ribbing from Harvard's Hasty Pudding Theatricals student drama troupe.
The group's Woman of the Year was honored Thursday with a parade down Massachusetts Avenue near the university followed by a roast where she received her pudding pot from Harvard men in drag.
She joins a distinguished list of past recipients that includes Katharine Hepburn, Lauren Bacall and Meryl Streep.
Hathaway was nominated for an Academy Award for best actress in 2009 for her role in "Rachel Getting Married."
After the parade, Hathaway was roasted on stage in typical Hasty Pudding Theatricals fashion where then she slew a "dragon."
Hasty Pudding Man of the Year Justin Timberlake is to be honored Feb. 5.
anne hathaway, movies, massachusetts, entertainment
Also SeeMore:Bizarre News
- Actor James Gandolfini dies at 51
- Splendid spring finale
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Get the new 6abc StormTracker app
- Boy, 6, hit by car in East Oak Lane
- Villanova lockdown over, all suspects in custody
- Pregnant woman, 2 others shot in N. Phila.
- Back yard bear prompts photos, videos
- Men's Wearhouse ousts founder, pitchman Zimmer
- 20 people charged in Ocean Co. heroin raids
- 15 charged in NJ unemployment fraud case
- AMA declares obesity a disease [POLL]
- Video: Phila. choir shares stage with Rolling Stones
- Desmond's slam leads Nats over Phillies