Anne Hathaway gets her pudding pot at Harvard
CAMBRIDGE, Mass. (AP) - January 28, 2010 -- Oscar-nominated actress Anne Hathaway has received a good-natured ribbing from Harvard's Hasty Pudding Theatricals student drama troupe.
The group's Woman of the Year was honored Thursday with a parade down Massachusetts Avenue near the university followed by a roast where she received her pudding pot from Harvard men in drag.
She joins a distinguished list of past recipients that includes Katharine Hepburn, Lauren Bacall and Meryl Streep.
Hathaway was nominated for an Academy Award for best actress in 2009 for her role in "Rachel Getting Married."
After the parade, Hathaway was roasted on stage in typical Hasty Pudding Theatricals fashion where then she slew a "dragon."
Hasty Pudding Man of the Year Justin Timberlake is to be honored Feb. 5.
anne hathaway, movies, massachusetts, entertainment
Also SeeMore:Bizarre News
- Over 75 injured in partial London theater collapse
- Temps Soar 12 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- 2 men sought in Deptford Twp. hotel robbery 39 min ago
- Security breach affected all cards, not just Target's
- Steps you can take to reduce fraud risk
- 1 dead after car plunges into lake in Vineland 20 min ago
- Is heroin addiction as close as your medicine cabinet?
- Philadelphia Police search for missing 2-year-old boy
- Attempted child luring in Newtown, Bucks County
- Pastor defrocked after performing son's gay wedding
- 50 coworkers in Del. to split $1M Mega Millions ticket
- Bring old clothes to new H&M for savings
- Temps Soar
12 min ago