Anne Hathaway gets her pudding pot at Harvard
CAMBRIDGE, Mass. (AP) - January 28, 2010 -- Oscar-nominated actress Anne Hathaway has received a good-natured ribbing from Harvard's Hasty Pudding Theatricals student drama troupe.
The group's Woman of the Year was honored Thursday with a parade down Massachusetts Avenue near the university followed by a roast where she received her pudding pot from Harvard men in drag.
She joins a distinguished list of past recipients that includes Katharine Hepburn, Lauren Bacall and Meryl Streep.
Hathaway was nominated for an Academy Award for best actress in 2009 for her role in "Rachel Getting Married."
After the parade, Hathaway was roasted on stage in typical Hasty Pudding Theatricals fashion where then she slew a "dragon."
Hasty Pudding Man of the Year Justin Timberlake is to be honored Feb. 5.
anne hathaway, movies, massachusetts, entertainment
Also SeeMore:Bizarre News
- Parking dispute turns violent at Cherry Hill Mall 29 min ago
- Milder Monday
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 1 dead, 1 injured in Winslow Twp. crash 51 min ago
- Mutilated animal found in Brewerytown 21 min ago
- 'Band of Brothers' vet William Guarnere dies at 90
- 2 wounded in daytime shooting in Trenton 48 min ago
- Vietnam says it may have found missing jet's door
- 2 dozen injured as California school stage falls 12 min ago
- Del. worker hospitalized after pretzel factory accident
- Mom accused of driving into surf goes before judge
- Suspect SUV in deadly hit and run caught on camera
- Photos: $3.25M summer home in Ocean City, NJ
- Parking dispute turns violent at Cherry...
29 min ago
- Mutilated animal found in Brewerytown
21 min ago