Stephanopoulos learns of genetic link to a Clinton
NEW YORK - January 29, 2010 -- George Stephanopoulos has learned that he may have a genetic link to U.S. Secretary of State Hillary Rodham Clinton.
Stephanopoulos, co-anchor of ABC News' "Good Morning America," underwent DNA testing to promote "Faces of America With Henry Louis Gates Jr.," a four-part series on family histories premiering Feb. 10 on PBS.
Stephanopoulos was told of his possible link to Clinton by Gates during Friday's "GMA" show.
Gates says he's "very likely a maternal cousin" to Clinton.
Replied Stephanopoulos: "You're putting me on. Sorry, Secretary Clinton."
Gates says Clinton hasn't been tested.
PBS says Gates used the latest tools of genealogy and genetics to explore the family histories of 12 Americans, including Stephen Colbert, Yo-Yo Ma, Mike Nichols and Meryl Streep.
ABC is owned by The Walt Disney Co.
good morning america, entertainment
Also SeeMore:Bizarre News
- Temple University cuts 7 intercollegiate sports 37 min ago
- Wintry Weekend 5 min ago
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Victim ID'd in deadly Wilmington hit-and-run
- Video released in pizza delivery driver shooting
- Female suspect arrested in Christmas package theft
- Would-be robber stabbed; suspect's mom talks
- Mega Million jackpot reaches $297 Million
- Center City rape victim speaks to Action News
- Elkins Park sisters treated at KoP by Make-a-Wish 28 min ago
- Area medical schools use 'Jeopardy' as learning tool
- Freebie Friday
- Photos: East Passyunk Avenue Tree Lighting Party