Diddy, Queen Latifah to host BET concert for Haiti
NEW YORK (AP) - January 29, 2010 -- Sean "Diddy" Combs, Queen Latifah and Pharrell are set to host a two-hour concert and telethon to benefit Haiti on Feb. 5.
Wyclef Jean, Chris Brown and Lil Wayne will perform.
The concert is titled "SOS Saving OurSelves - Help for Haiti." It will be held at the American Airlines Arena in Miami and will air live on BET, MTV, VH1 and Centric at 8 p.m. EST.
Proceeds will aid organizations including Yele Haiti, CARE, Project Medishare and Children's Safe Drinking Water.
Other performers at the BET concert include Mary J. Blige, Drake, Justin Bieber, Keri Hilson, Robin Thicke and Monica.
Last week's broadcast network Haiti telethon raised $66 million.
haitian earthquake, sean puffy combs, entertainment
Also SeeMore:Bizarre News
- Former Philadelphia hero cop faces rape charges
- Shower In Spots
- WATCH: Action News Online
- WATCH ABC is available in Philadelphia!
- Philly to Newark flight forced to make belly landing
- Child falls from 2-story window in Point Breeze
- Up to 60 injured after car drives into Va. parade
- Man found shot and killed in Wynnefield
- FBI searches apartment in ricin letter case
- Suspect identified in fatal Hofstra home invasion
- Mother of 7-year-old hit-and-run victim speaks
- 1 winning Mega Millions ticket sold in New Jersey
- Connecticut commuter trains collide; 70 hospitalized
- No Triple Crown: Oxbow upsets Orb at Preakness