Kim Clijsters reinvented as a Barbie doll
BRUSSELS (AP) - February 3, 2010 -- Now little Jada will still have her mother to play with, even when Kim Clijsters is off competing in Grand Slam tournaments.
The tennis star was immortalized as a Barbie doll Wednesday, and her daughter Jada is also now available in a mini-version of the doll phenomenon that has spanned generations.
Clijsters said in a statement: "When I was a young girl I played with my Barbie dolls ... My family means everything to me, so I was really excited when I found out that Jada would also receive her very own 'Jada Barbie' doll."
Jada, almost 2, caught the world's attention at the U.S. Open last September when celebrating her mother's victory at Flushing Meadows.
There was no version available of Clijsters' husband, Brian Lynch, as Ken.
Also SeeMore:Bizarre News
- 7-alarm fire destroys homes in Sea Isle City
- Egg-cellent holiday weekend
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Family pets die in house blaze in Newark, Del.
- Captain of sunken S. Korean ferry, 2 crew arrested 5 min ago
- Police: Store owner victimizes teens with Taser
- Pedestrian struck by train in Plymouth Meeting
- Authorities searching Delaware River for boater
- Photos: Pictures of out-of-control boat on the Del....
- Miley Cyrus still hospitalized, postpones Philly show
- Photos: Suspects wanted by Philadelphia Police
- Teen suspended for asking Miss America to prom
- Is it time for smart watches?