Kim Clijsters reinvented as a Barbie doll
BRUSSELS (AP) - February 3, 2010 -- Now little Jada will still have her mother to play with, even when Kim Clijsters is off competing in Grand Slam tournaments.
The tennis star was immortalized as a Barbie doll Wednesday, and her daughter Jada is also now available in a mini-version of the doll phenomenon that has spanned generations.
Clijsters said in a statement: "When I was a young girl I played with my Barbie dolls ... My family means everything to me, so I was really excited when I found out that Jada would also receive her very own 'Jada Barbie' doll."
Jada, almost 2, caught the world's attention at the U.S. Open last September when celebrating her mother's victory at Flushing Meadows.
There was no version available of Clijsters' husband, Brian Lynch, as Ken.
Also SeeMore:Bizarre News
- Traffic stop turns violent, police shoot suspect
- A Nice Stretch
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Get the new 6abc StormTracker app
- 10-year-old Wilmington boy reported missing 20 min ago
- Mourning NJ doctor killed in murder-suicide
- Maple syrup used to vandalize Pottstown church 23 min ago
- Award-winning journalist Michael Hastings dies 32 min ago
- Paraplegic man castrated in SW Phila. attack
- Car carrier crashes into bridge in Whitemarsh Twp.
- Storms bring floods to the Jersey shore
- Police: Girl used in theft at Phila. nail salon
- Death investigation leads police to home of Patriots TE 58 min ago
- James, Heat push NBA Finals to Game 7 52 min ago
- Maple syrup used to vandalize Pottstown...
23 min ago
- Award-winning journalist Michael Hastings...
32 min ago