Camilla visits set of UK soap 'Coronation Street'
LONDON (AP) - February 4, 2010 -- Prince Charles' wife has turned barmaid during a visit to the set of a British TV soap.
Camilla, Duchess of Cornwall, got behind the bar of the Rover's Return, the fictional pub on "Coronation Street."
The duchess says she is a lifelong fan of the show, set in the fictional working-class community of Weatherfield.
Camilla visited the set in Manchester, northwest England and watched the cast film a scene from the long-running soap.
She said the show was "a wonderful British institution."
Thursday's royal visit marked the 50th anniversary year of "Coronation Street," which began in 1960.
Camilla says she would like to appear on the show. Her husband Charles, the heir to the British throne, had a walk-on part 10 years ago.
prince charles, entertainment
Also SeeMore:Bizarre News
- Police: NJ mom drives van into river with 3 kids
- Freeze Warning overnight
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Delco man missing after leaving medical facility
- Puppy poisoned in Mantua, New Jersey
- Lehigh University suspends frat in vandalism case
- All-clear given after Liberty H.S. lockdown
- Ferry sinks off South Korea; hundreds still missing
- Mom sought after daughter, 11, shot and killed
- Chestnut Hill College student found dead
- Wawa celebrates 50th birthday with big gifts
- Photos: Wawa celebrates 50 years
- Voorhees police need help identifying this man