Camilla visits set of UK soap 'Coronation Street'
LONDON (AP) - February 4, 2010 -- Prince Charles' wife has turned barmaid during a visit to the set of a British TV soap.
Camilla, Duchess of Cornwall, got behind the bar of the Rover's Return, the fictional pub on "Coronation Street."
The duchess says she is a lifelong fan of the show, set in the fictional working-class community of Weatherfield.
Camilla visited the set in Manchester, northwest England and watched the cast film a scene from the long-running soap.
She said the show was "a wonderful British institution."
Thursday's royal visit marked the 50th anniversary year of "Coronation Street," which began in 1960.
Camilla says she would like to appear on the show. Her husband Charles, the heir to the British throne, had a walk-on part 10 years ago.
prince charles, entertainment
Also SeeMore:Bizarre News
- Crews race to find tornado survivors; 24 dead
- Partly sunny, warm and humid today 26 min ago
- WATCH: Action News Online
- WATCH ABC is available in Philadelphia!
- Local help on the way for tornado victims
- Oklahoma Tornado: How You Can Help
- Street-level interactive weather map
- Box of ammo explodes, injuring man in Del. 27 min ago
- Skippack student may have 'voluntarily' vanished
- Man convicted of murder in Pa. musician's slaying
- 15 motorcyclists arrested following NJ chase ID'd
- 2 teens arrested at Pennsbury H.S. prom
- SUV crashes when dog gets stuck in steering wheel
- NJ ex-priest jailed after working with kids
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed VideoMost Viewed Photos