Camilla visits set of UK soap 'Coronation Street'
LONDON (AP) - February 4, 2010 -- Prince Charles' wife has turned barmaid during a visit to the set of a British TV soap.
Camilla, Duchess of Cornwall, got behind the bar of the Rover's Return, the fictional pub on "Coronation Street."
The duchess says she is a lifelong fan of the show, set in the fictional working-class community of Weatherfield.
Camilla visited the set in Manchester, northwest England and watched the cast film a scene from the long-running soap.
She said the show was "a wonderful British institution."
Thursday's royal visit marked the 50th anniversary year of "Coronation Street," which began in 1960.
Camilla says she would like to appear on the show. Her husband Charles, the heir to the British throne, had a walk-on part 10 years ago.
prince charles, entertainment
Also SeeMore:Bizarre News
- Photos: 24 wanted in Phila. insurance fraud scheme
- Mostly sunny, very windy today
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Pizza deliveryman ID'd in police shooting 33 min ago
- Eye doc grew pot in Delco home, police say 19 min ago
- Police ID man found dead in Centreville driveway 9 min ago
- Road reopens months after Frankford water main break 24 min ago
- Man shot multiple times in West Philadelphia 9 min ago
- Fmr. Devon Prep teacher faces child porn charges
- Woman charged in NJ man's overdose death
- 3rd lottery jackpot hits at Atlantic Co. truck stop
- New 'object of interest' in missing jet hunt
- Photos: Suspects wanted by Philadelphia Police
- Eye doc grew pot in Delco home, police say
19 min ago
- Pizza deliveryman ID'd in police shooting
33 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos