Madonna wows likely Brazil presidential candidate
SAO PAULO (AP) - February 10, 2010 -- Madonna spent an hour talking about helping Brazil's poor children with a man who could become the country's next president. He came away wowed by her youthful appearance.
Sao Paulo state Gov. Jose Serra is considered a likely entrant in the 2010 campaign to succeed Brazilian President Luiz Inacio Lula da Silva.
On Wednesday, Madonna posed for photographers as Serra wrapped an arm around her.
The singer didn't respond to questions about their meeting. Serra said Madonna expressed a desire to help needy young Brazilians after she toured a Sao Paulo center that helps kids.
Serra seemed most impressed by the 52-year-old Madonna's youthfulness. "She seems very young, much less than her (age)."
madonna, brazil, entertainment
Also SeeMore:Bizarre News
- Oil slicks found in hunt for missing Malaysian jet
- Finally, a nice weekend!
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Police: Bucks Co. mom arrested for Walmart theft
- 5 wounded and hospitalized in Trenton shooting
- Woman trapped after crashing SUV in Darby Boro
- Pa. Trooper's pregnant wife killed by gun discharge
- Pedestrian ID'd in fatal Collingdale hit-and-run 31 min ago
- 2 arrested, 1 sought after cop hit by car in Delco
- West Philadelphia body ID'd as missing woman
- UPenn's Foal Cam gives LIVE view into horse's birth
- Photos: $3.25M summer home in Ocean City, NJ
- Video: President Obama impersonator meets the real... 54 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos