Madonna wows likely Brazil presidential candidate
SAO PAULO (AP) - February 10, 2010 -- Madonna spent an hour talking about helping Brazil's poor children with a man who could become the country's next president. He came away wowed by her youthful appearance.
Sao Paulo state Gov. Jose Serra is considered a likely entrant in the 2010 campaign to succeed Brazilian President Luiz Inacio Lula da Silva.
On Wednesday, Madonna posed for photographers as Serra wrapped an arm around her.
The singer didn't respond to questions about their meeting. Serra said Madonna expressed a desire to help needy young Brazilians after she toured a Sao Paulo center that helps kids.
Serra seemed most impressed by the 52-year-old Madonna's youthfulness. "She seems very young, much less than her (age)."
madonna, brazil, entertainment
Also SeeMore:Bizarre News
- School Closings & Delays
- Snow walloping Philadelphia area
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Storm brings snowy, icy conditions to Pa., NJ
- 1 dead, 50+ vehicles involved in Pa. Turnpike crashes
- Nearly 1 foot of snow in parts of Delaware
- Video: Snow-lovers sled down Art Museum steps
- Video: Time lapse of snow at the Linc
- Eagles beat Lions 34-20 in the snow
- Video: Phila. students dig out cars stuck in slush
- Video: Widener U. track team helps stuck drivers
- Man dressed as Santa struck, killed on I-95
- Paul Walker memorial in California draws thousands