Madonna wows likely Brazil presidential candidate
SAO PAULO (AP) - February 10, 2010 -- Madonna spent an hour talking about helping Brazil's poor children with a man who could become the country's next president. He came away wowed by her youthful appearance.
Sao Paulo state Gov. Jose Serra is considered a likely entrant in the 2010 campaign to succeed Brazilian President Luiz Inacio Lula da Silva.
On Wednesday, Madonna posed for photographers as Serra wrapped an arm around her.
The singer didn't respond to questions about their meeting. Serra said Madonna expressed a desire to help needy young Brazilians after she toured a Sao Paulo center that helps kids.
Serra seemed most impressed by the 52-year-old Madonna's youthfulness. "She seems very young, much less than her (age)."
madonna, brazil, entertainment
Also SeeMore:Bizarre News
- Iranian teen had stolen passport on missing jet
- AccuWeather: mild today, rain Wednesday
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Woman shot in bed in South Philadelphia
- Suspicious fire damages home in Camden
- 911 recordings released in Ewing Twp. explosion
- Search for finger-biting mall attack suspects
- Autopsy results released in death of trooper's wife
- Man,90, dies in Hamilton Township house fire
- Pa. woman born at Burger King seeks birth mom
- Photos: 7 recent child porn arrests in Pa.and Del.
- Photos: Thwarted! 10 suspects caught in the act
- Video: Cat attacks toddler, parents call 911 56 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos