Lawyer: Pitt and Jolie sue over split claim
LONDON (AP) - February 8, 2010 -- A London law firm says Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie are suing a British tabloid which reported that they were to split.
Keith Schillings, of Schillings lawyers, said in a statement Monday that the celebrity couple had begun legal proceedings against the News of The World newspaper.
The newspaper reported Jan. 24 that Pitt and Jolie had agreed to divide their assets and made arrangements over the custody of their children.
Schillings, whose firm is representing the unmarried couple, said the report involved "false and intrusive allegations." He said the tabloid failed to meet a demand for a retraction and apology.
He also said Sorrell Trope, a divorce lawyer in Los Angeles, denied claims she had been in contact with the couple.
angeline jolie, entertainment
Also SeeMore:Bizarre News
- 4 charged with murder in deadly NJ mall carjacking 8 min ago
- Record Warmth!
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Arrest in death of retired Villanova professor
- Police investigate tire slashings in South Philadelphia
- Police investigate truck accident on Roosevelt Boulevard
- Police investigate double shooting in Mantua
- 3 rescued after car plunges into Delaware pond
- Multi-vehicle crash on Schuylkill Expressway
- Runway littered with holiday mail
- Student robbed at gunpoint inside Philly school
- Missing 2-year-old found, mom's ex-boyfriend arrested
- Carolers to perform to grant cancer patient her wish
- 4 charged with murder in deadly NJ mall...
8 min ago