Lawyer: Pitt and Jolie sue over split claim
LONDON (AP) - February 8, 2010 -- A London law firm says Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie are suing a British tabloid which reported that they were to split.
Keith Schillings, of Schillings lawyers, said in a statement Monday that the celebrity couple had begun legal proceedings against the News of The World newspaper.
The newspaper reported Jan. 24 that Pitt and Jolie had agreed to divide their assets and made arrangements over the custody of their children.
Schillings, whose firm is representing the unmarried couple, said the report involved "false and intrusive allegations." He said the tabloid failed to meet a demand for a retraction and apology.
He also said Sorrell Trope, a divorce lawyer in Los Angeles, denied claims she had been in contact with the couple.
angeline jolie, entertainment
Also SeeMore:Bizarre News
- Detectives serve warrants at Chester police station
- Mostly sunny, very windy today 28 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Man critical after police-involved shooting 25 min ago
- Fire damages corner store in North Phila. 15 min ago
- 3 shot during funeral at Trenton church
- Serial burglar strikes South Phila. businesses
- 1 dead, 1 injured in Middle Township crash
- 6abc viewer helps police nab $18K jewelry suspect
- Arrest warrant issued in Collingdale hit-and-run
- Police release surveillance of Target heist
- Photos: Suspects wanted by Philadelphia Police
- What would you ask Mayor Nutter?
- Man critical after police-involved shooting
25 min ago
- Fire damages corner store in North Phila.
15 min ago
- Dying dog in Canada has bucket list
21 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos