Lawyer: Pitt and Jolie sue over split claim
LONDON (AP) - February 8, 2010 -- A London law firm says Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie are suing a British tabloid which reported that they were to split.
Keith Schillings, of Schillings lawyers, said in a statement Monday that the celebrity couple had begun legal proceedings against the News of The World newspaper.
The newspaper reported Jan. 24 that Pitt and Jolie had agreed to divide their assets and made arrangements over the custody of their children.
Schillings, whose firm is representing the unmarried couple, said the report involved "false and intrusive allegations." He said the tabloid failed to meet a demand for a retraction and apology.
He also said Sorrell Trope, a divorce lawyer in Los Angeles, denied claims she had been in contact with the couple.
angeline jolie, entertainment
Also SeeMore:Bizarre News
- Man critically injured in Willingboro hit, run 16 min ago
- Tracking St. Patty's Day Snow 6 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Focus turns to pilots as hunt for jet widens 2 min ago
- Elderly woman crashes into Toms River law ofc.
- Bucks County man stabbed to death in Bahamas 1 min ago
- 2 couples robbed at gunpoint in North Philly
- Del. trooper charged with stalking, harassment
- Community relief for victims of Ewing Twp. explosion
- Honda recalling 886,815 Odyssey minivans
- 3 people injured in Roosevelt Boulevard crash
- Comedian David Brenner, 'Tonight' favorite, dies 9 min ago
- Authorities: Chris Brown arrested on warrant
- Tracking St. Patty's Day Snow
6 min ago
- Man critically injured in Willingboro hit,...
16 min ago
- Focus turns to pilots as hunt for jet widens
2 min ago