Angelina Jolie to visit Haiti with UN refugee body
GENEVA (AP) - February 9, 2010 -- The U.N. refugee agency says its goodwill ambassador Angelina Jolie is heading to Haiti to meet with earthquake victims.
The Hollywood star spoke with hospitalized Haitian survivors in the neighboring Dominican Republic on Monday.
UNHCR spokesman Andrej Mahecic said Jolie would travel to Haiti later Tuesday.
He provided no details of her planned itinerary for security reasons.
Jolie has previously visited Iraq, Thailand, Pakistan and other countries with UNHCR.
angeline jolie, haitian earthquake, entertainment
Also SeeMore:Bizarre News
- Actor James Gandolfini dies at 51
- Splendid spring finale
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Get the new 6abc StormTracker app
- Boy, 6, hit by car in East Oak Lane
- Villanova lockdown over, all suspects in custody
- Pregnant woman, 2 others shot in N. Phila.
- Back yard bear prompts photos, videos
- Men's Wearhouse ousts founder, pitchman Zimmer
- 20 people charged in Ocean Co. heroin raids
- 15 charged in NJ unemployment fraud case
- AMA declares obesity a disease [POLL]
- Video: Phila. choir shares stage with Rolling Stones
- Desmond's slam leads Nats over Phillies