Angelina Jolie to visit Haiti with UN refugee body
GENEVA (AP) - February 9, 2010 -- The U.N. refugee agency says its goodwill ambassador Angelina Jolie is heading to Haiti to meet with earthquake victims.
The Hollywood star spoke with hospitalized Haitian survivors in the neighboring Dominican Republic on Monday.
UNHCR spokesman Andrej Mahecic said Jolie would travel to Haiti later Tuesday.
He provided no details of her planned itinerary for security reasons.
Jolie has previously visited Iraq, Thailand, Pakistan and other countries with UNHCR.
angeline jolie, haitian earthquake, entertainment
Also SeeMore:Bizarre News
- Plane's landing gear collapses at Phila. Airport 22 min ago
- After a Cold Night, Temps Rebound 16 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Photos: Pictures of Old City building collapse
- Photos: Suspects wanted by Philadelphia Police
- Police investigate death of toddler at Del. daycare 30 min ago
- 5 arrested after Logan murder, standoff
- Police: Coatesville man died before fire began
- NJ charges 4 with false Sandy aid applications
- Missing plane sent signals to satellite for hours 12 min ago
- Mississippi man who awakened inside body bag dies
- 8th body recovered after NYC explosion 20 min ago
- Philadelphia Zoo welcomes 2 new tiger cubs
- Plane's landing gear collapses at Phila....
22 min ago
- 8th body recovered after NYC explosion
20 min ago
- Missing plane sent signals to satellite for...
12 min ago