DeGeneres says Cowell is `meaner than I thought'
LOS ANGELES (AP) - February 9, 2010 -- Ellen DeGeneres, the newest judge on "American Idol," says Simon Cowell is "meaner" than she thought.
Cowell, Randy Jackson, Kara DioGuardi (KEHR'-uh dee-oh-GWAR'-dee) and various guest judges kicked off the ninth season of the Fox singing competition last month. DeGeneres begins her stint Tuesday night.
In a video posted on the show's Web site, DeGeneres says Cowell is "actually meaner than I thought. It's hard to listen to him tell people things and for me not to go, `You poor thing!"'
Cowell has announced that he's leaving "Idol" after this season. Paula Abdul left over a salary dispute.
DeGeneres says no one has given her advice on judging - "they're just letting me do what I want to do."
ellen degeneres, entertainment
Also SeeMore:Bizarre News
- Over 75 injured in partial London theater collapse
- Record Weekend Warmth
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Security breach affected all cards, not just Target's
- Steps you can take to reduce fraud risk
- 1 dead after car plunges into lake in Vineland
- Is heroin addiction as close as your medicine cabinet?
- Philadelphia Police search for missing 2-year-old boy
- Attempted child luring in Newtown, Bucks County
- Holiday tips, cards stolen in East Pikeland Twp.
- Pastor defrocked after performing son's gay wedding
- 50 coworkers in Del. to split $1M Mega Millions ticket
- Bring old clothes to new H&M for savings