'Lost' star cast in 'Hawaii 5-0'
HONOLULU (AP) - February 9, 2010 -- "Lost" star Daniel Dae Kim is the first actor cast for the remake of the hit cop series "Hawaii Five-0."
CBS told The Honolulu Advertiser that Kim will portray detective Chin Ho Kelly, who was originally played by the late Kam Fong. Kim plays Jin on ABC's "Lost," which is in its sixth and final season.
CBS spokeswoman Jennifer Solari says filming on the "Hawaii Five-0" pilot is expected to begin in mid-March.
Peter Lenkov, who has written for "CSI: NY" and "24," will be the executive producer. Writers Alex Kurtzman and Roberto Orci are also involved in the project.
"Hawaii Five-0" aired from 1968 to 1980 and starred Jack Lord as Steve McGarrett. No word yet on who will play McGarrett.
Also SeeMore:Bizarre News
- Teacher says he was fired because he is gay
- Wintry Weekend
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- 2nd suspect surrenders in Christmas package theft
- Temple University cuts 7 intercollegiate sports
- SEPTA bus strikes and kills man
- Residents displaced after high-rise fire
- Man freed from under train on Broad Street Line
- NKorea says it deported US tourist and war vet
- Victim ID'd in deadly Wilmington hit-and-run
- Video released in pizza delivery driver shooting
- Mega Million jackpot reaches $297 Million
- Elkins Park sisters treated at KoP by Make-a-Wish