'Lost' star cast in 'Hawaii 5-0'
HONOLULU (AP) - February 9, 2010 -- "Lost" star Daniel Dae Kim is the first actor cast for the remake of the hit cop series "Hawaii Five-0."
CBS told The Honolulu Advertiser that Kim will portray detective Chin Ho Kelly, who was originally played by the late Kam Fong. Kim plays Jin on ABC's "Lost," which is in its sixth and final season.
CBS spokeswoman Jennifer Solari says filming on the "Hawaii Five-0" pilot is expected to begin in mid-March.
Peter Lenkov, who has written for "CSI: NY" and "24," will be the executive producer. Writers Alex Kurtzman and Roberto Orci are also involved in the project.
"Hawaii Five-0" aired from 1968 to 1980 and starred Jack Lord as Steve McGarrett. No word yet on who will play McGarrett.
Also SeeMore:Bizarre News
- 1 dead, multiple in custody after Logan standoff 8 min ago
- AccuWeather: Weather Whiplash
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 3 hit by car inside Famous Footwear in Chesco 51 min ago
- Deadly shooting near La Salle University
- Police: Woman, 21, stabbed grandfather to death
- Cat found hanging from fence in Germantown 3 min ago
- Pedestrian struck in North Philadelphia 30 min ago
- Meningitis suspected in Drexel student's death
- New joint replacement technique for the elbow 45 min ago
- Self-penned obit takes internet by storm
- Malaysian military: Missing jet changed course
- Photos: Philly's unsolved missing child cases