Police investigating Prince Andrew car bump
LONDON (AP) - February 12, 2010 -- British police are investigating an accident in which Prince Andrew allegedly struck a police officer with his car while driving into Buckingham Palace.
Media reports said Queen Elizabeth II's second son hit the officer as he was driving his four-by-four through the palace gates.
The palace confirmed Friday there had been "a minor incident" involving the prince and said it was a matter for the police.
The Metropolitan Police say an officer had been hit by a vehicle on Constitution Hill, outside the palace, and sustained minor arm injuries.
The force says it is investigating the circumstances of the crash.
The 49-year-old prince is known for his passion for cars. In 2002 he was stopped for speeding in his Range Rover but not charged.
prince charles, prince harry, prince william, london, entertainment
Also SeeMore:Bizarre News
- Suspect SUV in deadly hit and run caught on camera
- Slightly Cooler Sunday
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Off-duty cop shoots man during fight
- Police: Deadly shooting at after-hours bar
- PSU trustee resigns, regrets Paterno vote
- Mom of Tasered teen arrested for shoplifting
- Jet crash: Oil slicks found; Passports stolen
- Woman trapped after crashing SUV in Darby Boro
- Pa. Trooper's pregnant wife killed by gun discharge
- Actress Sheila MacRae of 'Honeymooners' dies at 92
- 2 arrested, 1 sought after cop hit by car in Delco
- Photos: $3.25M summer home in Ocean City, NJ