Police investigating Prince Andrew car bump
LONDON (AP) - February 12, 2010 -- British police are investigating an accident in which Prince Andrew allegedly struck a police officer with his car while driving into Buckingham Palace.
Media reports said Queen Elizabeth II's second son hit the officer as he was driving his four-by-four through the palace gates.
The palace confirmed Friday there had been "a minor incident" involving the prince and said it was a matter for the police.
The Metropolitan Police say an officer had been hit by a vehicle on Constitution Hill, outside the palace, and sustained minor arm injuries.
The force says it is investigating the circumstances of the crash.
The 49-year-old prince is known for his passion for cars. In 2002 he was stopped for speeding in his Range Rover but not charged.
prince charles, prince harry, prince william, london, entertainment
Also SeeMore:Bizarre News
- $105,000 taken in Tacony armored car heist 40 min ago
- Partly sunny, a bit milder today 25 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Photos: Suspects in Ocean Co. child porn sweep 35 min ago
- Beau Biden to run for governor in Del. 48 min ago
- 5 injured in 7 vehicle wreck on I-95 in Del.
- Police investigate serious crash in Levittown 51 min ago
- Mom to surrender after daughter, 11, shot and killed 39 min ago
- Police: NJ mom drives van into river with 3 kids 41 min ago
- Popular chocolate maker shut down by city
- Rottweiler puppy poisoned in NJ
- Man with samurai sword arrested at New Jersey deli
- Teen urinates in Oregon drinking water supply
- Partly sunny, a bit milder today
25 min ago
- Art of Aging: Retirement opportunities
22 min ago
- Police: NJ mom drives van into river with 3...
41 min ago