Former tennis great Ilie Nastase to divorce
BUCHAREST, Romania (AP) - February 12, 2010 -- Former tennis great Ilie Nastase says he and his wife are divorcing after seven years of marriage.
The 63-year-old Nastase said Friday he and Amalia Nastase "are at a crossroads and can only continue as friends and business partners."
Nastase was one of the top players of the 1970s, winning the US Open in 1972, and the French Open in 1973. He was a Wimbledon singles finalist in 1972 and 1976.
The long-haired Romanian was perhaps best known for his colorful personality and entertaining antics, which earned him the nickname "Nasty."
A national hero in Romania, Nastase married 34-year-old Amalia Nastase in 2003 after dating for six years, and they have two daughters. It was his third marriage.
Also SeeMore:Bizarre News
- Eye doc grew pot in Delco home, police say 25 min ago
- Mostly sunny, very windy today
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Pizza deliveryman ID'd in police shooting
- Fmr. Devon Prep teacher faces child porn charges
- 4 alarm fire burns at motel in Berks County
- 3rd lottery jackpot hits at Atlantic Co. truck stop
- Detectives serve warrants at Chester police station
- New 'object of interest' in missing jet hunt
- Restaurant plans new statue of Joe Paterno
- Photo released of anti-Semetic vandalism suspect
- Photos: Suspects wanted by Philadelphia Police
- What would you ask Mayor Nutter?
- Eye doc grew pot in Delco home, police say
25 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos