Judge praises Chris Brown's probation progress
LOS ANGELES (AP) - February 18, 2010 -- A judge on Thursday praised Chris Brown for diligence in completing the terms of his probation for last year's attack on his then-girlfriend, Rihanna.
Los Angeles Superior Court Judge Patricia M. Schnegg said Brown hasn't missed a session of domestic violence counseling and completed 32 days of community labor in Virginia.
"It looks like you're doing really, really well," Schnegg said. "That's always good to see."
Brown spoke only once during the brief hearing, telling the judge "thank you" after her comments.
The R&B singer was sentenced last year to five years of probation and six months of community labor after pleading guilty to felony assault. He was charged after an attack on Rihanna hours before the 2009 Grammy Awards.
Brown was permitted to serve probation in his home state of Virginia, but the judge wanted him to return to court in Los Angeles for frequent updates.
Schnegg also ruled Thursday that Brown, 20, can travel out of the United States for concert dates in May and June. The countries Brown is permitted to travel to weren't immediately disclosed.
Brown will be back in court May 11 for another update. "By the time you come back, you'll be way over halfway there," Schnegg told Brown.
Before his arrest last year, Brown had a squeaky-clean image and was known for his dance moves and his hit "Run It!" His latest album, "Graffiti," was released in December.
chris brown, rihanna, los angeles, entertainment
Also SeeMore:Bizarre News
- Man critically injured in Willingboro hit, run 27 min ago
- Tracking St. Patty's Day Snow 1 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Malaysian leader: plane's disappearance deliberate 22 min ago
- Elderly woman crashes into Toms River law ofc.
- 2 couples robbed at gunpoint in North Philly
- Del. trooper charged with stalking, harassment
- Community relief for victims of Ewing Twp. explosion 30 min ago
- Fire forces 11 people from their homes
- Driver crashes SUV into pole in East Falls, DUI suspected
- 3 people injured in Roosevelt Boulevard crash
- SEPTA union agrees to delay strike
- Authorities: Chris Brown arrested on warrant
- Tracking St. Patty's Day Snow
1 min ago
- Man critically injured in Willingboro hit,...
27 min ago
- Malaysian leader: plane's disappearance...
22 min ago
- Community relief for victims of Ewing Twp....
30 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos