Prince William sports dark hair in charity photo
LONDON (AP) - February 19, 2010 -- Did Britain's Prince William dye his blond locks black?
That's the question British newspapers and magazines have been asking since a photograph of a black-haired prince emerged.
His office says the photograph - in which William posed with a formerly homeless man in a fundraiser for the charity Crisis - was digitally altered to give the illusion that the 27-year-old heir's hair had turned dark.
A St. James' Palace spokeswoman says the effect was a result of studio lighting and digital color contrast. She spoke on condition of anonymity in line with the palace's policies.
She said Friday the portrait was to be auctioned off for the charity, which helps homeless people return to a normal life.
prince charles, prince harry, london, prince william, entertainment
Also SeeMore:Bizarre News
- Photos: LATEST MAPS: 6+" in parts of NJ
- Winter's Last Blast
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Co-pilot spoke missing plane's last words 33 min ago
- Video: Annie McCormick: Snow in Atlantic City
- Video: Katherine Scott: Snow in Delaware
- Video: Car spins out on I-95 in South Phila.
- Woman, 98, injured in Powelton high-rise fire
- Police: Driver, who hit pedestrian, hit by car
- Delaware man suspected in 14 different thefts
- Photos: Suspects in Pa. 'street-level' drug sweep 50 min ago
- NJ salon customer allegedly attacks employees
- NJ state police trooper among 3 injured in crash