Opera star Placido Domingo to undergo surgery
LOS ANGELES (AP) - February 23, 2010 -- Placido Domingo is expected to undergo surgery later this week after the internationally acclaimed tenor suffered abdominal pain during a recent performance in Tokyo.
Publicist Nancy Seltzer said Monday that Domingo will undergo the surgery at a New York hospital. She would only describe the procedure as "medically recommended preventive surgery."
Seltzer says Domingo expects to resume his performance schedule after a recuperation period of about six weeks. He was on a world tour when he was stricken.
Domingo, 69, is general director of both the Los Angeles Opera and the Washington National Opera, as well as one of the world's greatest opera singers.
los angeles, music, surgery, entertainment
Also SeeMore:Bizarre News
- Parking dispute turns violent at Cherry Hill Mall 35 min ago
- Sunny and chilly 32 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Residents return following Bucks Co. hazmat 34 min ago
- Suspect SUV in deadly hit and run caught on camera
- SEPTA trolley collides with taxi in West Philadelphia
- Man gets pinned under van in Logan crash
- Man seriously injured in crash on Roosevelt Blvd. 58 min ago
- Gunfire erupts on Delaware Ave. near SugarHouse Casino 36 min ago
- Off-duty cop shoots man during fight
- Malaysia jet may have turned back
- Actress Sheila MacRae of 'Honeymooners' dies at 92
- Photos: $3.25M summer home in Ocean City, NJ
- Sunny and chilly
32 min ago
- Residents return following Bucks Co. hazmat
34 min ago