Opera star Placido Domingo to undergo surgery
LOS ANGELES (AP) - February 23, 2010 -- Placido Domingo is expected to undergo surgery later this week after the internationally acclaimed tenor suffered abdominal pain during a recent performance in Tokyo.
Publicist Nancy Seltzer said Monday that Domingo will undergo the surgery at a New York hospital. She would only describe the procedure as "medically recommended preventive surgery."
Seltzer says Domingo expects to resume his performance schedule after a recuperation period of about six weeks. He was on a world tour when he was stricken.
Domingo, 69, is general director of both the Los Angeles Opera and the Washington National Opera, as well as one of the world's greatest opera singers.
los angeles, music, surgery, entertainment
Also SeeMore:Bizarre News
- Search for Okla. tornado survivors nearly complete
- Steamy Situation 39 min ago
- WATCH: Action News Online
- WATCH ABC is available in Philadelphia!
- Oklahoma Tornado: How to help and avoid scams
- Local search and rescue team helping in Oklahoma
- Hats get women ejected from King of Prussia Mall
- Rob Jennings to retire after 36 Years at 6abc
- Chesco man killed longtime girlfriend, police say
- Skippack student may have 'voluntarily' vanished
- Sleep monitors promise a better night's sleep 42 min ago
- Young and Howard lift Phillies over Marlins
- Video: Philly's new skateboard park opens 46 min ago
- Kellie Pickler named new DWTS champ 27 min ago