Opera star Placido Domingo to undergo surgery
LOS ANGELES (AP) - February 23, 2010 -- Placido Domingo is expected to undergo surgery later this week after the internationally acclaimed tenor suffered abdominal pain during a recent performance in Tokyo.
Publicist Nancy Seltzer said Monday that Domingo will undergo the surgery at a New York hospital. She would only describe the procedure as "medically recommended preventive surgery."
Seltzer says Domingo expects to resume his performance schedule after a recuperation period of about six weeks. He was on a world tour when he was stricken.
Domingo, 69, is general director of both the Los Angeles Opera and the Washington National Opera, as well as one of the world's greatest opera singers.
los angeles, music, surgery, entertainment
Also SeeMore:Bizarre News
- Chase ends near Sports Complex; suspects sought 14 min ago
- Tracking Weekend Storm
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- OSHA investigates lead exposure at Oxford Mills 15 min ago
- 3rd person dies after I-95 crash in Lawrence, N.J.
- No death penalty for man charged in wife death
- 2 injured in Vineland school bus crash
- No charges against officers in teen Tasering
- Berks Co. police chief faces child porn charges
- DA: Charges coming in fatal frat ritual in Poconos
- Woman admits to stealing packages from Delco homes
- 800K in danger of ID theft after laptop theft
- North Korea executes Kim Jong Un's uncle
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos