Jennifer Lopez announces split from Sony
NEW YORK (AP) - February 24, 2010 -- Jennifer Lopez is off of Sony's block.
The singing and acting diva has confirmed she has split from Sony Music after more than a decade. Sony's Epic Records put out her first CD, "On The 6," in 1999. Since then, she's sold millions, but also had a couple of CDs with disappointing sales.
A new album called "Love?" was due to be released by the label this spring. But in a statement released Tuesday night, Lopez said: "At this point, I have fulfilled all my contractual obligations to Sony/Epic (and) we have come to an amicable decision."
Lopez says she has a new label home and her album will be out in the summer, but she did not specify the label.
jennifer lopez, entertainment
Also SeeMore:Bizarre News
- Arrest in death of retired Villanova professor 29 min ago
- Warmer Weekend 3 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- 1 dead, 1 wounded in Overbrook shooting
- Multi-vehicle crash on Schuylkill Expressway 31 min ago
- Ransomeware a growing cyber threat for thousands 35 min ago
- Runway littered with holiday mail
- Student robbed at gunpoint inside Philly school 37 min ago
- Video released of AK-47 robbery in Wynnefield 12 min ago
- Free diner for sale in Lawrence Twp., NJ
- Missing 2-year-old found, mom's ex-boyfriend arrested 33 min ago
- Carolers to perform to grant cancer patient her wish
- Fmr. Montco GOP chairman to stand trial for rape
- Arrest in death of retired Villanova...
29 min ago
- Multi-vehicle crash on Schuylkill Expressway
31 min ago
- Ransomeware a growing cyber threat for...
35 min ago
- Warmer Weekend
3 min ago