Jennifer Lopez announces split from Sony
NEW YORK (AP) - February 24, 2010 -- Jennifer Lopez is off of Sony's block.
The singing and acting diva has confirmed she has split from Sony Music after more than a decade. Sony's Epic Records put out her first CD, "On The 6," in 1999. Since then, she's sold millions, but also had a couple of CDs with disappointing sales.
A new album called "Love?" was due to be released by the label this spring. But in a statement released Tuesday night, Lopez said: "At this point, I have fulfilled all my contractual obligations to Sony/Epic (and) we have come to an amicable decision."
Lopez says she has a new label home and her album will be out in the summer, but she did not specify the label.
jennifer lopez, entertainment
Also SeeMore:Bizarre News
- Vietnam spots oil slicks in hunt for missing Malaysian jet 2 min ago
- Finally, a nice weekend!
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Police: Bucks Co. mom arrested for Walmart theft 56 min ago
- 5 wounded and hospitalized in Trenton shooting
- Pa. Trooper's pregnant wife killed by gun discharge
- Pedestrian killed in Collingdale hit-and-run
- 2 arrested, 1 sought after cop hit by car in Delco
- West Philadelphia body ID'd as missing woman
- Boyfriend arrested in Gloucester Co. murder
- Chaput, Nutter, Corbett announce Vatican trip
- UPenn's Foal Cam gives LIVE view into horse's birth
- Photos: $3.25M summer home in Ocean City, NJ
- Vietnam spots oil slicks in hunt for...
2 min ago
- Police: Bucks Co. mom arrested for Walmart...
56 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos