Jennifer Lopez announces split from Sony
NEW YORK (AP) - February 24, 2010 -- Jennifer Lopez is off of Sony's block.
The singing and acting diva has confirmed she has split from Sony Music after more than a decade. Sony's Epic Records put out her first CD, "On The 6," in 1999. Since then, she's sold millions, but also had a couple of CDs with disappointing sales.
A new album called "Love?" was due to be released by the label this spring. But in a statement released Tuesday night, Lopez said: "At this point, I have fulfilled all my contractual obligations to Sony/Epic (and) we have come to an amicable decision."
Lopez says she has a new label home and her album will be out in the summer, but she did not specify the label.
jennifer lopez, entertainment
Also SeeMore:Bizarre News
- Skydiver ID'd in fatal Washing Twp. accident
- 70s Return This Week
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- $10K to $30K stolen in Target armed robbery
- I-95 reopens after car catches fire
- Person of interest ID'd in Collingdale hit-and-run
- Residents displaced after West Philadelphia fire
- 4 injured in Route 295 crash
- Camden teen reported missing
- Miss America: Don't suspend teen over prom invite
- Oscar Mayer hot dogs recalled due to misbranding
- Photos: Pictures from Easter Sunday services
- Photos: Jamie Apody welcomes Baby Chase!