Lil Wayne's jail term postponed again
NEW YORK (AP) - March 3, 2010 -- First he had to get work done on his grille. Now, there's been a fire in the courthouse where he was supposed to be sentenced.
It all adds up to the fact that Lil Wayne still hasn't begun serving his jail sentence.
His already delayed jail term has been put off again because of a smoky blaze at the New York City courthouse where he was due to be sentenced yesterday.
It is unclear when the sentencing will be rescheduled. It had already been delayed two weeks because the rapper needed dental surgery.
You might think all this is good news for the rapper, who has to serve a year for his guilty plea on a gun possession charge. But Lil Wayne's lawyer says the rapper "wasn't pleased to hear about the postponement." She says the rapper had already braced himself to do the time and, as she put it: "Once you make up your mind to do something, you want to do it."
lil wayne, new york, new york city, entertainment
Also SeeMore:Bizarre News
- Mom of Tasered teen arrested for shoplifting 17 min ago
- Finally, a nice weekend!
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Oil slicks found in hunt for missing Malaysian jet
- 5 wounded and hospitalized in Trenton shooting
- Woman trapped after crashing SUV in Darby Boro
- Pa. Trooper's pregnant wife killed by gun discharge
- Pedestrian ID'd in fatal Collingdale hit-and-run 18 min ago
- Actress Sheila MacRae of 'Honeymooners' dies at 92
- 2 arrested, 1 sought after cop hit by car in Delco
- West Philadelphia body ID'd as missing woman
- UPenn's Foal Cam gives LIVE view into horse's birth
- Photos: $3.25M summer home in Ocean City, NJ
- Mom of Tasered teen arrested for shoplifting
17 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos