Lil Wayne's jail term postponed again
NEW YORK (AP) - March 3, 2010 -- First he had to get work done on his grille. Now, there's been a fire in the courthouse where he was supposed to be sentenced.
It all adds up to the fact that Lil Wayne still hasn't begun serving his jail sentence.
His already delayed jail term has been put off again because of a smoky blaze at the New York City courthouse where he was due to be sentenced yesterday.
It is unclear when the sentencing will be rescheduled. It had already been delayed two weeks because the rapper needed dental surgery.
You might think all this is good news for the rapper, who has to serve a year for his guilty plea on a gun possession charge. But Lil Wayne's lawyer says the rapper "wasn't pleased to hear about the postponement." She says the rapper had already braced himself to do the time and, as she put it: "Once you make up your mind to do something, you want to do it."
lil wayne, new york, new york city, entertainment
Also SeeMore:Bizarre News
- Very cold today, Saturday storm
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Sign up for Facebook Flash!
- Interpreter at Mandela event: I was hallucinating 40 min ago
- Police: Freshman dies after frat ritual in Poconos 3 min ago
- 2 dead after truck and car collide in Mercer County
- Suspicious package found outside Planet Fitness in Olney
- Suspects tie up 71-year-old in home invasion
- Narcotic officers raid Lacey High School
- Woman charged in boyfriend's heroin death
- Bandit holds up TD Bank in Chestnut Hill
- Dump truck hits ATV pulling sled, boy killed
- American University campus lockdown lifted
- SUV crashes into gas pump, bursts into flames
15 min ago