Sean Penn slams those who question his Haiti aid
NEW YORK (AP) - March 5, 2010 -- Sean Penn has strong words for those who think he's showing off with his aid to earthquake-ravaged Haiti.
In an interview airing on this weekend's "Sunday Morning" on CBS, the outspoken actor says he hopes any cynic who dismisses his efforts as a star turn will "die screaming of rectal cancer."
Penn has visited the devastated Caribbean nation accompanied by doctors and a U.S. businesswoman with whom he established a relief organization. He has brought water filters for distribution to villages and met with aid groups.
Besides raising funds, Penn says he has contributed his own money.
When asked how much, he replies with a laugh, "Enough that I'd better get a job soon."
haitian earthquake, entertainment
Also SeeMore:Bizarre News
- Philly to Newark flight forced to make belly landing 32 min ago
- One Fine Friday 37 min ago
- WATCH: Action News Online
- WATCH ABC is available in Philadelphia!
- Man found shot and killed in Wynnefield
- 2 injured in head-on crash along MLK Drive
- 1 winning Mega Millions ticket sold in New Jersey 17 min ago
- Police: Pa. woman served family poison laced burritos 13 min ago
- Wife hid murdered husband, prosecutors say
- Connecticut commuter trains collide; 60 hospitalized 54 min ago
- Driver, passenger hurt in Cheltenham Township crash
- Woman critically injured in Radnor Township house fire
- 3 sought for robbery of 15-year-old
- Dozens of home remedies right in your kitchen
- Philly to Newark flight forced to make...
32 min ago
- One Fine Friday
37 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed VideoMost Viewed Photos