Polanski's wife says husband's jailing changed her
WARSAW, Poland (AP) - March 8, 2010 -- Roman Polanski's wife said her husband's imprisonment in a 32-year-old sexual abuse case has diminished her carefree spirit and terrified and disoriented the couple's two children.
But Emmanuelle Seigner, 43, also said in an interview with the Polish magazine Viva! that she's convinced "the matter will be solved."
The interview appears in the newest edition of the colorful celebrity magazine and includes a photo layout of the actress and singer in high heels and a glittery dress, and other attire.
The director was initially accused of raping a 13-year-old girl after plying her with champagne and a Quaalude pill during a 1977 modeling shoot. He pleaded guilty to unlawful sexual intercourse, then fled to France on the eve of sentencing in 1978.
Polanski, 76, is under house arrest in his Swiss chalet in Gstaad as he fights extradition to the United States.
"I am no longer such a carefree person, I am no longer the same Emmanuelle," Seigner said.
Seigner said that she and the children do not live with Polanski in Gstaad but visit as often as they can.
roman polanski, entertainment
Also SeeMore:Bizarre News
- Suspects tie up 71-year-old in home invasion 28 min ago
- Bitter Blast Thursday
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Worker shocked by electrical cable in East Falls 4 min ago
- Bandit holds up TD Bank in Chestnut Hill 6 min ago
- Dump truck hits ATV pulling sled, boy killed
- American University campus lockdown lifted 47 min ago
- Woman charged in boyfriend's heroin death
- Shooting victim drives to Broad St. police station
- Narcotic officers raid Lacey High School
- NASA: Cooling pump on space station shuts down
- Fake deaf interpreter crashes Mandela memorial
- Video: Cover Story: Can Foles break jinx?