Polanski's wife says husband's jailing changed her
WARSAW, Poland (AP) - March 8, 2010 -- Roman Polanski's wife said her husband's imprisonment in a 32-year-old sexual abuse case has diminished her carefree spirit and terrified and disoriented the couple's two children.
But Emmanuelle Seigner, 43, also said in an interview with the Polish magazine Viva! that she's convinced "the matter will be solved."
The interview appears in the newest edition of the colorful celebrity magazine and includes a photo layout of the actress and singer in high heels and a glittery dress, and other attire.
The director was initially accused of raping a 13-year-old girl after plying her with champagne and a Quaalude pill during a 1977 modeling shoot. He pleaded guilty to unlawful sexual intercourse, then fled to France on the eve of sentencing in 1978.
Polanski, 76, is under house arrest in his Swiss chalet in Gstaad as he fights extradition to the United States.
"I am no longer such a carefree person, I am no longer the same Emmanuelle," Seigner said.
Seigner said that she and the children do not live with Polanski in Gstaad but visit as often as they can.
roman polanski, entertainment
Also SeeMore:Bizarre News
- Fmr. Devon Prep teacher faces child porn charges 9 min ago
- Mostly sunny, very windy today
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Eye doc grew pot in Delco home, police say 35 min ago
- Apparent misunderstanding in police shooting
- Detectives serve warrants at Chester police station
- New 'object of interest' in missing jet hunt
- 3 shot during funeral at Trenton church
- Photo released of anti-Semetic vandalism suspect 49 min ago
- 6abc viewer helps police nab $18K jewelry suspect
- Photos: Suspects wanted by Philadelphia Police
- Video: Video gamer is the victim of SWATting hoax
- What would you ask Mayor Nutter?
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos