MSNBC host Keith Olbermann's dad dies in NYC at 80
NEW YORK (AP) - March 14, 2010 -- The father of MSNBC host Keith Olbermann has died in New York City at age 80.
Theodore C. Olbermann was thrust into the nation's health care debate through commentaries made by his son on television.
Keith Olbermann says the former architect died Saturday of complications from colon surgery.
Theodore Olbermann's wife of nearly 60 years, Marie Olbermann, died last year.
Keith Olbermann had talked on his weeknight cable news show about his father's experiences in the hospital and how his family dealt with them. Three weeks ago he talked on TV about how his suffering father had asked to be killed.
msnbc, new york, entertainment
Also SeeMore:Bizarre News
- Parking dispute turns violent at Cherry Hill Mall
- Milder Monday
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Mutilated animal found in Brewerytown
- 'Band of Brothers' vet William Guarnere dies at 90
- 1 wounded in daytime shooting in Trenton 52 min ago
- Vietnam says it may have found missing jet's door
- Mom accused of driving into surf goes before judge
- Suspect SUV in deadly hit and run caught on camera
- Residents return following Bucks Co. hazmat
- Man, 22, dies after shooting in Chester
- Video: Annual Phila. Flower Show wraps up
- Photos: $3.25M summer home in Ocean City, NJ