MSNBC host Keith Olbermann's dad dies in NYC at 80
NEW YORK (AP) - March 14, 2010 -- The father of MSNBC host Keith Olbermann has died in New York City at age 80.
Theodore C. Olbermann was thrust into the nation's health care debate through commentaries made by his son on television.
Keith Olbermann says the former architect died Saturday of complications from colon surgery.
Theodore Olbermann's wife of nearly 60 years, Marie Olbermann, died last year.
Keith Olbermann had talked on his weeknight cable news show about his father's experiences in the hospital and how his family dealt with them. Three weeks ago he talked on TV about how his suffering father had asked to be killed.
msnbc, new york, entertainment
Also SeeMore:Bizarre News
- Skydiver injured in Washington Twp. accident 3 min ago
- AccuWeather: Easter to be comfortable, breezy
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- $30K possibly stolen in Target armed robbery 31 min ago
- Person of interest ID'd in hit-and-run
- 4 injured in Route 295 crash 19 min ago
- Camden teen reported missing
- Miss America: Don't suspend teen over prom invite
- Photos: Pictures from Easter Sunday services
- Pope Francis, huge crowd joyously celebrate Easter
- Flyers rally to beat Rangers 4-2, even series
- Boxer Rubin 'Hurricane' Carter dies at 76
- Photos: Jamie Apody welcomes Baby Chase!