Heavyweight to featherweight: Tyson races pigeons
NEW YORK - March 16, 2010 -- Former world heavyweight champ Mike Tyson will take flight on Animal Planet with a new sport - pigeon racing.
The network this week announced a new reality show that will pit Tyson, a novice pigeon racer, against serious competitors.
The show is currently titled "Taking on Tyson" and promises to bring audiences inside this "intensely competitive and bizarrely fascinating world."
Tyson has raised pigeons all his life but will take to the rooftops as a racing rookie. The network says he'll be assisted by a colorful team of pigeon experts as he rears, trains and races them.
The show is scheduled to be taped this spring in New York City and air early next year.
Animal Planet is owned by Discovery Communications.
mike tyson, entertainment
Also SeeMore:Bizarre News
- Multi-vehicle crash closes EB Pa. Turnpike
- Temps Soar
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- 2 men sought in Deptford Twp. hotel robbery
- Quick moving blaze damages house in West Philly
- Car plunges into lake in Vineland, victims ID'd
- Security breach affected all cards, not just Target's
- Philippine mayor among 4 killed at Manila airport
- Over 75 injured in partial London theater collapse
- Is heroin addiction as close as your medicine cabinet?
- Photos: Pictures of the Pa. Turnpike crash
- 50 coworkers in Del. to split $1M Mega Millions ticket
- Woman's secret Santa turns out to be Bill Gates 22 min ago
- Temps Soar