Katherine Heigl checks out of `Grey's Anatomy'
LOS ANGELES (AP) - March 24, 2010 -- Katherine Heigl is done with "Grey's Anatomy" after six seasons.
ABC said Wednesday that Heigl's final appearance in the medical drama aired Jan. 21, four months before the show's season finale in May. Her departure was first reported online by Entertainment Weekly.
ABC Studios said Heigl was ending her run as Dr. Izzie Stevens by "mutual agreement."
Heigl told Entertainment Weekly that she asked to be let out of her contract 18 months early because of her new role as mother to an adopted daughter. The 31-year-old actress is married to singer-songwriter Josh Kelley.
Heigl launched a successful movie career during her tenure on "Grey's Anatomy," including the box-office hit "Knocked Up."
greys anatomy, los angeles, entertainment
Also SeeMore:Bizarre News
- 911 recordings released in Ewing Twp. explosion 4 min ago
- Brief Surge of Mild Air 53 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Autopsy results released in death of trooper's wife
- Mutilated animal in Brewerytown possibly a bobcat 22 min ago
- Police investigate 2 shootings at illegal Trenton bar 29 min ago
- Search for finger-biting mall attack suspects 1 min ago
- Cabbie allegedly locks doors in credit card dispute 26 min ago
- Wynnewood community mourns college student's death 33 min ago
- Police step up search in deadly hit-and-run 8 min ago
- Vietnam vet's therapy dog missing in Lehigh Valley 17 min ago
- Accused wedding crasher thief pleads guilty 28 min ago
- Stolen passports probed in Malaysian plane mystery
- Search for finger-biting mall attack suspects
1 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos