Katherine Heigl checks out of `Grey's Anatomy'
LOS ANGELES (AP) - March 24, 2010 -- Katherine Heigl is done with "Grey's Anatomy" after six seasons.
ABC said Wednesday that Heigl's final appearance in the medical drama aired Jan. 21, four months before the show's season finale in May. Her departure was first reported online by Entertainment Weekly.
ABC Studios said Heigl was ending her run as Dr. Izzie Stevens by "mutual agreement."
Heigl told Entertainment Weekly that she asked to be let out of her contract 18 months early because of her new role as mother to an adopted daughter. The 31-year-old actress is married to singer-songwriter Josh Kelley.
Heigl launched a successful movie career during her tenure on "Grey's Anatomy," including the box-office hit "Knocked Up."
greys anatomy, los angeles, entertainment
Also SeeMore:Bizarre News
- Eye doc grew pot in Delco home, police say 13 min ago
- Mostly sunny, very windy today 47 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Pizza deliveryman ID'd in police shooting
- Fmr. Devon Prep teacher faces child porn charges
- 4 alarm fire burns at motel in Berks County
- 3rd lottery jackpot hits at Atlantic Co. truck stop
- Detectives serve warrants at Chester police station
- New 'object of interest' in missing jet hunt 57 min ago
- Restaurant plans new statue of Joe Paterno 47 min ago
- Photo released of anti-Semetic vandalism suspect
- Photos: Suspects wanted by Philadelphia Police 49 min ago
- What would you ask Mayor Nutter?
- Eye doc grew pot in Delco home, police say
13 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos