Green Day hit Broadway with "American Idiot"
NEW YORK (AP) - March 25, 2010 -- Green Day see the stage version of their "American Idiot" album as a challenge, not a risk.
Singer Billie Joe Armstrong says a true artist does things that are "dangerous and vulnerable."
He was blown away the first time he saw it acted it out, because he says the stage version kept the integrity of the album.
Bassist Mike Dirnt says he's got a lot of favorite moments in the musical and he calls it "a great roller coaster ride."
"American Idiot" had played in Berkeley, California, and will open on Broadway April 20.
green day, musical theater, new york city, entertainment
Also SeeMore:Bizarre News
- 911 recordings released in Ewing Twp. explosion
- Brief Surge of Mild Air
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 2 injured NJ Turnpike crash in Mt. Laurel 15 min ago
- 1 person injured in Hamilton Twp. house fire 24 min ago
- Autopsy results released in death of trooper's wife
- Mutilated animal in Brewerytown possibly a bobcat
- Search for finger-biting mall attack suspects
- Pa. woman born at Burger King seeks birth mom 42 min ago
- Cabbie allegedly locks doors in credit card dispute
- Vietnam vet's therapy dog missing in Lehigh Valley
- Photos: 7 recent child porn arrests in Pa.and Del.
- Video: Camden H.S. wrestler wins state championship
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos