Simon Cowell to receive International Emmy Award
NEW YORK (AP) - March 26, 2010 -- Simon Cowell will receive the 2010 International Emmy Founders Award for his work in television.
The 50-year-old recording executive and TV personality is a judge on Fox network's "American Idol." He's also known for the "Got Talent" and "X Factor" franchises.
International Academy President Bruce Paisner says Cowell "has built an international empire and in so doing has changed the face of television around the world."
Cowell will receive the award at a New York gala on Nov. 22. He said in a statement Thursday that he's "delighted," and has been "very lucky to be able to make shows that I love."
simon cowell, entertainment
Also SeeMore:Bizarre News
- Iranian teen had stolen passport on missing jet 5 min ago
- AccuWeather: mild today, rain Wednesday
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Woman shot in bed in South Philadelphia
- Suspicious fire damages home in Camden 1 min ago
- 911 recordings released in Ewing Twp. explosion
- Autopsy results released in death of trooper's wife
- Search for finger-biting mall attack suspects
- Man,90, dies in Hamilton Township house fire
- Pa. woman born at Burger King seeks birth mom
- Photos: 7 recent child porn arrests in Pa.and Del.
- Photos: Thwarted! 10 suspects caught in the act
- Video: Camden H.S. wrestler wins state championship
- Suspicious fire damages home in Camden
1 min ago
- Dad ditches son's stroller to catch baseball
1 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos