Scherzinger, Lysacek emerge as favorites on 'Dancing'
LOS ANGELES, CA -- Gold medal figure skater Evan Lysacek and Pussycat Dolls frontwoman Nicole Scherzinger emerged as early favorites on the new season of "Dancing With the Stars."Scherzinger earned the highest score during Monday's premiere, 25 points out of 30, for a Viennese waltz that judge Bruno Tonioli called "a performance of sparkling finesse." Lysacek's waltz landed him in second place with 23 points.
Scherzinger and Lysacek are among 11 celebrity contestants vying for the mirrorball trophy on the 10th season of the hit ABC dance show.
Astronaut Buzz Aldrin earned the night's lowest score, collecting 14 points out of 30 for his cha-cha. The judges were reluctant to criticize the 80-year-old war veteran, whom host Tom Bergeron introduced as a "living legend," but Tonioli summed it up by saying: "It looked like you still had your moon boots on."
Other low-scorers Monday included soap star Aiden Turner, who earned 15 points for his cha-cha, and reality mom Kate Gosselin, who collected 16 points for her Viennese waltz.
dancing with the stars, shannen doherty, entertainment
- Search for finger-biting mall attack suspect
- AccuWeather: Two very mild days
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Oil slick, debris not from missing Malaysia jet 3 min ago
- Pa. Trooper's pregnant wife killed by gun discharge 48 min ago
- Mutilated animal found in Brewerytown
- Victim shot 7 times in Kensington
- 1 dead, 1 injured in Winslow Twp. crash
- 2 dozen injured as California school stage falls
- 'Band of Brothers' vet William Guarnere dies at 90
- Are store credit cards worth the discount? 55 min ago
- Photos: Kevin Grow joins Harlem Globetrotters
- Photos: $3.25M summer home in Ocean City, NJ