Rickey Minor replacing Eubanks on 'Tonight Show'
NEW YORK (AP) - April 14, 2010 -- NBC says Rickey Minor of "American Idol" is taking over as music director of "The Tonight Show with Jay Leno."
He replaces Kevin Eubanks, who made his May 28 departure date official on Monday.
In an announcement Tuesday, NBC says Minor is expected to debut on the show June 7.
Minor is the music director of "American Idol," whose season ends in late May. He will continue to consult with "American Idol" creator Simon Fuller on various projects.
Minor has also served as music director of the Super Bowl, the Grammy Awards and "The NAACP Image Awards."
Eubanks has been aboard "Tonight" since Leno took over as host in 1992. He became music director when Branford Marsalis left in 1995.
nbc, jay leno, entertainment
Also SeeMore:Bizarre News
- Missing Philadelphia couple found safe 59 min ago
- AccuWeather: Lots of clouds, some SE rain
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Police try to ID mystery hit-and-run victim 43 min ago
- Officers drive into hail of gunfire in N. Phila.
- Shots fired into a Philadelphia firehouse 2 min ago
- Retired Philly cop charged with assaulting teen
- Police: Gloucester Co. woman's death a homicide
- How to safeguard your computer against kidnappers
- Photos: Suspects wanted by Philadelphia Police
- Resident return to assess damage from Ewing explosion
- Video: Secret Oreo cookie recipe sold to China 17 min ago
- Photos: Wedding of cop, teacher at Flower Show
- Missing Philadelphia couple found safe
59 min ago
- Police try to ID mystery hit-and-run victim
43 min ago