Larry King files for 8th divorce
LOS ANGELES (AP) - April 14, 2010 -- Court filings show Larry King has filed for divorce from his seventh wife.
The host of CNN's "Larry King Live" filed Wednesday in Los Angeles to end the couple's nearly 13-year marriage, citing "irreconcilable differences." He married Shawn Southwick in a hospital room in 1997 shortly before surgery to clear a clogged blood vessel.
He is seeking joint custody of the couple's two sons, ages 11 and 9. Howard Rubenstein is a spokesman for King. He says King's "major concern is the welfare of his children."
Rubenstein said King would not comment further on the divorce.
The filing was first reported by celebrity Web site TMZ.com.
According to King's entry on wikipedia.org, King has been married 8 times to 7 different women.
california, los angeles, larry king, divorce, entertainment
Also SeeMore:Bizarre News
- Parking dispute turns violent at Cherry Hill Mall
- Milder Monday
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Victim shot 7 times in Kensington
- 1 dead, 1 injured in Winslow Twp. crash
- Mutilated animal found in Brewerytown
- 'Band of Brothers' vet William Guarnere dies at 90
- 2 wounded in daytime shooting in Trenton
- Vietnam says it may have found missing jet's door
- 2 dozen injured as California school stage falls
- Del. worker hospitalized after pretzel factory accident
- Suspect SUV in deadly hit and run caught on camera
- Photos: $3.25M summer home in Ocean City, NJ