Larry King files for 8th divorce
LOS ANGELES (AP) - April 14, 2010 -- Court filings show Larry King has filed for divorce from his seventh wife.
The host of CNN's "Larry King Live" filed Wednesday in Los Angeles to end the couple's nearly 13-year marriage, citing "irreconcilable differences." He married Shawn Southwick in a hospital room in 1997 shortly before surgery to clear a clogged blood vessel.
He is seeking joint custody of the couple's two sons, ages 11 and 9. Howard Rubenstein is a spokesman for King. He says King's "major concern is the welfare of his children."
Rubenstein said King would not comment further on the divorce.
The filing was first reported by celebrity Web site TMZ.com.
According to King's entry on wikipedia.org, King has been married 8 times to 7 different women.
california, los angeles, larry king, divorce, entertainment
Also SeeMore:Bizarre News
- Derailed train car blocking road in South Coatesville 20 min ago
- Brisk And Cold 6 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Arrest in deadly June shooting in West Philadelphia
- 2 million-dollar tickets sold in NJ, 1 in Del. 8 min ago
- Suspects caught on camera prior to car theft
- Guide dog saves blind man after subway track fall
- Girl kidnapped, freed in Reading; suspect at large 9 min ago
- Water main break causes river of ice in Cherry Hill 13 min ago
- On video: Burglars steal drugs in Hunting Park
- Husband charged with wife's murder in Bethlehem
- Tourist distracted by Facebook falls off pier
- Phila. attorney Charles Peruto, Sr. dies
- Brisk And Cold
6 min ago
- Water main break causes river of ice in...
13 min ago