Daniel Radcliffe sings in B'way's 'How to Succeed'
NEW YORK (AP) - April 15, 2010 -- Daniel Radcliffe is returning to Broadway, this time to sing and dance.
The star of all those Harry Potter movies will appear in a revival of "How to Succeed in Business Without Really Trying," opening in spring 2011.
Radcliffe will portray the show's unlikely hero, an opportunistic young man who rises from the mail room to the top of the corporate heap in this satiric, Pulitzer Prize-winning musical. It features a score by Frank Loesser and a book by Abe Burrows, Jack Weinstock and Willie Gilbert.
The show's producers said Thursday the musical will be directed and choreographed by Rob Ashford. First seen on Broadway in 1961 (with Robert Morse in the lead role), "How to Succeed" was revived in 1995 starring Matthew Broderick.
Radcliffe made his Broadway debut in 2008 in a revival of "Equus."
twilight saga, new york, entertainment
Also SeeMore:Bizarre News
- ABC News: Possible security breach at Target 28 min ago
- Winter Warm Up 17 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Police search for suspects in religious store robbery 52 min ago
- Jewelry thieves target Montgomery Co. open houses 36 min ago
- Elderly couple's life savings stolen in Media
- Police: Man shoots self on SEPTA bus 27 min ago
- $6M counterfeit check ring busted in Phila.
- 2 million-dollar tickets sold in NJ, 1 in Del.
- Phil Robertson off 'Duck Dynasty' after gay comments 24 min ago
- Upper Darby's Chitwood reflects on career 17 min ago
- Video: Soldier returning from Afghanistan...
- Barbara Walters' Most Fascinating Person revealed 53 min ago
- ABC News: Possible security breach at Target
28 min ago
- Police: Man shoots self on SEPTA bus
27 min ago
- Phil Robertson off 'Duck Dynasty' after gay...
24 min ago
- Upper Darby's Chitwood reflects on career
17 min ago