Daniel Radcliffe sings in B'way's 'How to Succeed'
NEW YORK (AP) - April 15, 2010 -- Daniel Radcliffe is returning to Broadway, this time to sing and dance.
The star of all those Harry Potter movies will appear in a revival of "How to Succeed in Business Without Really Trying," opening in spring 2011.
Radcliffe will portray the show's unlikely hero, an opportunistic young man who rises from the mail room to the top of the corporate heap in this satiric, Pulitzer Prize-winning musical. It features a score by Frank Loesser and a book by Abe Burrows, Jack Weinstock and Willie Gilbert.
The show's producers said Thursday the musical will be directed and choreographed by Rob Ashford. First seen on Broadway in 1961 (with Robert Morse in the lead role), "How to Succeed" was revived in 1995 starring Matthew Broderick.
Radcliffe made his Broadway debut in 2008 in a revival of "Equus."
twilight saga, new york, entertainment
Also SeeMore:Bizarre News
- Deadly shooting near La Salle University
- AccuWeather: Weather Whiplash 15 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Shooting leads to police standoff in Logan 37 min ago
- Pedestrian struck in North Philadelphia
- Police: Woman, 21, stabbed grandfather to death 53 min ago
- Meningitis suspected in Drexel student's death 58 min ago
- Volunteer brutally assaulted outside Lehigh Co. church
- Delco police standoff ends, suspect dead
- Self-penned obit takes internet by storm
- Tests confirm toxic chemicals inside Phila. fire station
- Malaysian military: Missing jet changed course
- Photos: Suspects wanted by Philadelphia Police
- Police: Woman, 21, stabbed grandfather to...
53 min ago
- Meningitis suspected in Drexel student's...
58 min ago
- AccuWeather: Weather Whiplash
15 min ago