Bret Michaels recovering in facility for diabetics
NEW YORK (AP) - April 16, 2010 -- Bret Michaels is recovering from his emergency appendectomy at a private care facility for diabetics.
A statement posted on the 47-year-old rocker's Web site says Monday's surgery went well. It says doctors are optimistic that Michaels, the former frontman for '80s hair band Poison, will make a full recovery.
The statement says "the fact that he was exhausted due to his rigorous schedule prior to the surgery and coupled with the fact that he has diabetes, the surgery has taken its toll."
The location of the facility specializing in the rehabilitation of diabetic patients wasn't disclosed.
Michaels had been scheduled to perform in San Antonio on Sunday night. He had been suffering severe stomach pains all day and was urged to seek medical treatment.
bret michaels, entertainment
Also SeeMore:Bizarre News
- 50 coworkers in Del. to split $1M Mega Millions ticket 51 min ago
- Turning Milder
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Video captures Laundromat robbery
- Security breach affected all cards, not just Target's
- Cat hoarder at Grace Kelly home found guilty
- Arsonist tries to torch atheist billboard in NJ
- Teacher admits to sex with 4 students
- London theater balcony believed to have collapsed 7 min ago
- On video: Armed robber fails after KFC workers flee
- Holiday tips, cards stolen in East Pikeland Twp.
- Pastor defrocked after performing son's gay wedding
- Barbara Walters' Most Fascinating Person revealed
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos