Bret Michaels recovering in facility for diabetics
NEW YORK (AP) - April 16, 2010 -- Bret Michaels is recovering from his emergency appendectomy at a private care facility for diabetics.
A statement posted on the 47-year-old rocker's Web site says Monday's surgery went well. It says doctors are optimistic that Michaels, the former frontman for '80s hair band Poison, will make a full recovery.
The statement says "the fact that he was exhausted due to his rigorous schedule prior to the surgery and coupled with the fact that he has diabetes, the surgery has taken its toll."
The location of the facility specializing in the rehabilitation of diabetic patients wasn't disclosed.
Michaels had been scheduled to perform in San Antonio on Sunday night. He had been suffering severe stomach pains all day and was urged to seek medical treatment.
bret michaels, entertainment
Also SeeMore:Bizarre News
- Ohio couple married 70 years die 15 hours apart
- Egg-cellent holiday weekend
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Police: Man targeted in hit-and-run crash
- Family pets die in house blaze in Newark, Del.
- Captain of sunken S. Korean ferry, 2 crew arrested
- Search teams recover body of 13th Sherpa
- Police: Store owner victimizes teens with Taser
- Pedestrian struck by train in Plymouth Meeting
- Authorities searching Delaware River for boater
- Photos: Pictures of out-of-control boat on the Del....
- Photos: Suspects wanted by Philadelphia Police
- Teen suspended for asking Miss America to prom