Mel Gibson's former partner to help Chernobyl kids
MOSCOW (AP) - April 19, 2010 -- The Russian-born singer who split from Mel Gibson earlier this month says she will play a charity concert in Moscow to aid victims of the 1986 Chernobyl nuclear disaster.
Oksana Grigorieva said Monday the concert will be for affluent Russians and the proceeds will pay for vital surgery for children born in the area affected by the radioactivity.
Grigorieva told journalists she had already funded operations for 50 children with heart conditions and leukemia in Ukraine, Belarus and Russia.
Grigorieva and Gibson split earlier this month after a three-year romance. She said they had agreed to raise their baby daughter Lucia together.
The radiation left after the meltdown at the Chernobyl plant still affects thousands of children born in the area.
mel gibson, entertainment
Also SeeMore:Bizarre News
- Apparent misunderstanding in police shooting 3 min ago
- Mostly sunny, very windy today
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Detectives serve warrants at Chester police station
- New 'object of interest' in missing jet hunt
- 3 shot during funeral at Trenton church
- Serial burglar strikes South Phila. businesses
- 6abc viewer helps police nab $18K jewelry suspect
- Police release surveillance of Target heist
- Photos: Suspects wanted by Philadelphia Police
- Video: Video gamer is the victim of SWATting hoax
- Video: Dying dog in Canada has bucket list
- What would you ask Mayor Nutter?
- Apparent misunderstanding in police shooting
3 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos